Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inetcpl.cpl not clearing SSL cache when tests are run from ALM
Solved: 7 Years, 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I have a set of test scripts that use different certificates. Each script begins by opening IE and then calling a function to run inetcpl.cpl to clear the SSL cache. That way I can run Script1 with Cert1, Script2 with Cert2, etc. in the same ALM test set. The script ends with the browser closing, so the next script runs from scratch.

However, a recent change to Windows 7 has made this solution not work. Now the SSL cache is only cleared once all IE sessions are closed, not just the one running the test. This means that the script calling Cert2 will fail because Cert1 is still in operation. Of course, in order to run the enter test set, ALM has to be open in a browser that does not close between tests.

Is there any way to clear the SSL cache in the browser running the test without closing the browser that is running ALM?
(09-16-2016, 07:48 PM)msacks Wrote: I have a set of test scripts that use different certificates. Each script begins by opening IE and then calling a function to run inetcpl.cpl to clear the SSL cache. That way I can run Script1 with Cert1, Script2 with Cert2, etc. in the same ALM test set. The script ends with the browser closing, so the next script runs from scratch.

However, a recent change to Windows 7 has made this solution not work. Now the SSL cache is only cleared once all IE sessions are closed, not just the one running the test. This means that the script calling Cert2 will fail because Cert1 is still in operation. Of course, in order to run the enter test set, ALM has to be open in a browser that does not close between tests.

Is there any way to clear the SSL cache in the browser running the test without closing the browser that is running ALM?

Quick thing that you can try is, install Fire IE from the below link and open the ALM in Firefox. Then run your test as usual.

Fire IE (IE in Firefox)

Let us know if this helps.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
I tried this but have not been able to get Fire IE to work. However, I have another workaround, which is to run ALM from one machine and have it run the tests remotely on another.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I may keep playing with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT - ALM Integration Issue vivek 0 1,853 04-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: vivek
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,434 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Connection with HP ALM hachem 0 2,396 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Last Post: hachem
  UFT 11.53 and QC ALM Integration Issue prs2014 0 2,508 11-20-2014, 02:59 AM
Last Post: prs2014
  clearing excel sheet values beejfred 1 7,281 09-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Last Post: vinod123