Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem in automationg security popup
Not Solved
Hi.
My application has a button to download files.
For security purpose, there is a popup that bloacks from downloading, instead asks before downloading the file.
i want to select the option: "Download file"
Code:
Browser("micclass:=Browser").WinButton("text:=To help protect your security.*").Click 604,8,micRightBtn
Browser("micclass:=Browser").WinMenu("text:=ContextMenu","index:=0").Select "Download File..."
It gives object description error, cannot identify winmenu, and selected item in the collection.
i cannot use objectspy here as the context menu disappears when the cursor is moved.
Any help will be really appreciated.
Regards;
Vijay

Attached Files
.doc   Doc3.doc (Size: 102.5 KB / Downloads: 86)
Not Solved
Can you record the actions, if so go to the object repository then get object description from there and you should then be able to code
Not Solved
hi
first if u want to handle the popup in run condition then u can use the Recovery Scenario...
now object description error, cannot identify winmenu error occurs in case of not finding the correct property of the actual object so u have to check the property....and as u say that u can't use the object spy...no probs...u can record all the steps by qtp and take the property from OR...................

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  not able to automate the sap gui security window raja_aanji 1 4,105 03-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Last Post: raja_aanji
  QTP not able to recognize Java Script Popup rakeesh_28 1 2,677 06-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: vibhakhandelwal
  Java Popup Focus Lost davey2582 2 5,028 01-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: davey2582
  Capturing PopUp link siwani 0 2,369 06-10-2011, 03:16 AM
Last Post: siwani
  Popup page not recognized wheelercha 3 2,962 08-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Last Post: appsved