Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
using qtp to map the values of feilds in 3 webforms in 3 or more different websites
Not Solved
Hi all,

I am new to QTP 10(trial version), my problem is to automate mapping the values of text feilds in 3 webforms in 3 or more different websites:

Actually our client has rolled back from new version of an LMS application to older version due to some performance issues.So mapping of data to be done such that data passed from Support portal(a website that creates the organizations & product instances with the help of web forms) to different supportive sites(from which data need to be mapped).-

Manual steps-

1. Open 3 supportive sites along with support portal in four instances of browsers
2. Search organization in support portal(by taking value from keyboard) and based on that, match/map the webform data(entered earlier) with the supportive sites.

I need to do it for 1.5 lacs organizations hence needed automation.

Please update me to how to proceed to this kinda stuff ASAP.

Thanks in advance
Sudhanshu
QTP should take organization values from the data table and proceed in the method described.
Not Solved
Create script for each page(support site) and run them differently for particular support site from the common input excel sheet.

This approach would be more useful and understandable.

But then it will need manual intervention for collating output sheet for collating sheets

Any alternative or script to automate this xls sheet collating.

Thanks in advance

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can we create virtual object to bit map? satyadon 0 1,746 10-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Last Post: satyadon
  How to compare local sheet values with run time data table values? test71 2 8,071 03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Last Post: test71