Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what points make u choose hybrid framework compared to datadriven and keyword aproach
Not Solved
hi ankur,
can u please give me more than 5 examples in general or let me know with ur own experience, when do we go for a hybrid framework ?(which is a combination of keyword and data driven approach).please let me know more than 5 points with some examples.if at all u know a site which can give me indepth information kindly let me know. as of now i am referring to ur article posted on the website(Understanding Automation Framework).
i need to know the issues why we get into hybrid framework and not in pure keyword or data driven. however i know that hybrid is advantageous but would like to know the points and a few real time scenarios that u have come accross where u have tried an approach with datadriven and keyword and then ended up in hybrid
in short my question is .......
"what made u choose for hybrid framework compared to data driven and keyword approach"
however i realize that it depends on the application, but there would be certain common aspects we should keep in mind

regards

Ritesh

Smile
Not Solved
The line "what points make u choose hybrid framework compared to datadriven and keyword aproach"

is not very much apt as you cannot compare different frameworks. Both Keyword and Data Driven are different frameworks and it would be like comparing orange to Apple.

Now for the second ques about why Hybrid is better than both, I would say Hybrid Framework is nothing but a combination of different practices to make your script powerful. These practices can come from Keyword or dataDriven or Action Driven or any other scripting practice.

In todays automation world rarely you would have a framework which is purely Keyword or Data Driven.

I would suggest you try understanding Keyword and Data Driven and then Hybrid then you would come to know that every framework being created these days is Hybrid.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to store keyword driven scripts in QC akhila9 0 2,372 10-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Last Post: akhila9
  How you decide which framework to choose (modular driven,data driven,keyword dri. etc pradeep singh 1 4,307 08-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Victor~
  check points mrajeshtnl 1 2,389 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: inborntester
  Question on Keyword driven framework niftynikki 1 4,574 09-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Gopimanohar
  QTP and keyword-driven frameworks alneud 0 3,067 06-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Last Post: alneud