Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
QTP script to display the Test results in web page - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: QTP script to display the Test results in web page (/Thread-QTP-script-to-display-the-Test-results-in-web-page)

QTP script to display the Test results in web page - MrRam - 02-27-2010

Hi,

Can anyone help me to write a QTP script to display the Test results in web page.

Thanks in advance
Ram

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - kishore.gkk - 08-06-2010

Hi Ram,
See the attached html file which contains smaple results . I am using this kind of report. You want the similar one?

Thanks
kishore

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - venkatbatchu - 08-06-2010

Hi Kishore,

Could you please suggest the code for the way of displayinng results in web page, can u please suggest us with your code so that we will also implement this.

I am familiar with how to get the results in webpage that can be stored in "Log" folder which may not display the results in the format which you uploaded.

Thanks in Advance,

Venkat.Batchu

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - basanth27 - 08-13-2010

Right click on the webpage, view source should give you the code.

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - venkatbatchu - 08-18-2010

Hi Basanth,

I have not asked for the approach for viewing the source code.

I asked how to display the test results in the attached format(web)

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - basanth27 - 08-24-2010

Buddy,
if you really looked at the source code you wouldnt have asked the question back.
What you see in the html report source code is actually what he has scripted in the script.

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - venkatbatchu - 08-24-2010

Hi Basanth,

Can u please explain how to make the test results in web format.(I mean to say like in the attached html file).

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - basanth27 - 08-24-2010

Venkat,
It is very simple. What he is doing is nothing but filesystem edit and display.

1. Open a file with .html to write using filesystemobject.
2. Write the html content you want.
3. Save the file.

You will see that QTP has created a HTML page you wanted. Now the challenge is for you to know what html content you want to write. refer to w3schools if you want to know more about html syntax.

RE: QTP script to display the Test results in web page - SRA - 08-25-2010

Hi -
After reading this thread and viewing the source code for the table, which I really like by the way, I was wondering how this source code is embedded into a QTP statement in QTP or is the code in an external file that QTP calls after the test is finished.
Thanks
Bill