Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... (/Thread-Compatibilty-of-QTP-9-2-with-Citrix-based-application)

Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - chanda Hemke - 06-01-2010

I need to automate an application which is accesed through CITRIX terminal server but i am not able to record anything. i came to know that QTP has to be installed on citrix server machine but is there any other option...?

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - Saket - 06-02-2010

No, I dont think there is any option.

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - chanda Hemke - 06-02-2010

thnks for ur reply....but even if i installed QTP on Citrix server machine, but then how can i use it frm my local machine as its not possible to access citrix server machine for me..

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - Saket - 06-02-2010

does RDP/VNC possible? I have no idea of working on Citrix, may be someone here can help you on this.

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - chanda Hemke - 06-02-2010

even i dont have an idea of wrking on Citrix..even if RDP \VNC is availbale i can not use it....thts the prblm

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - basanth27 - 06-03-2010

Isint the citrix presentation server able to host your desktop on which QTP is installed ? It should be able to..Once done, use the ICA32 client to connect to the citrix machine and then perform whatever you need.

Moreover, Citrix machines are nothing but boxes which can be rdp'd. Have a talk with your sys admin and see if it helps.

You seem to say "RDP/VNC" is avaiable but cannot use it - What does this mean ?
You can connect but cannot record using qtp ? Please elaborate.

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - chanda Hemke - 06-03-2010

i mean to say i can not do anything on citrix server machine through remote(RDP\VNC) also...even if i intalled QTP on it as client will not allow this....m looking for sum other option so tht there is no need to do anything with citrix server machine like installing add in or sumthing like this......is it possible?

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - basanth27 - 06-03-2010

Not that i know something of. Did you try contacting HP ?

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - chanda Hemke - 06-03-2010

didn't got wht u said in the previuos reply..

RE: Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application.... - basanth27 - 06-07-2010

If i were you...i would log a case with HP and see if they have any workaround.