Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link (/Thread-Webtable-contains-cell-contains-two-links-how-to-click-on-link)

Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - srinivassure - 02-07-2011

Hi all,
In webtable contains a cell contains three links and how to click on the particular link.

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - Ankur - 02-08-2011

Check ChildItem method for webtable object. It should help.

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - gaveyom - 08-10-2011

Hi srinivassure,

below is the code which can be useful to click the specific link in a web table

Code:
set a = Browser("B").Page("P").WebTable("WT:").ChildItem(1, 1, "Link", 2)

"2" denotes the 2nd link in a same sell

Regards,
Gaveyom

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - sshukla12 - 08-10-2011

Hi Gaveyom,

what u had told its very correct but there is an alternative to it also.(if u want to practice more on DP)
U can use Descriptive programing.
look for all the links in web table
navigate through each link and click on the desired link
Code:
Set odesc=Description.Create()
odesc("micclass").value="link"

Set l_link=Browser("a").Page("b").WebTable("c").ChildObjects(odesc)
For i=0 to l_lionk.count-1
    If l_link(i).Name="XX" Then
        l_link(i).Click
    End If
Next

Correct me if wrong

Regards,
Sankalp

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - galu1005 - 04-02-2012

Yup it worked for me with some changes....

its saying 'Name' property not supported for link....so just changed condition to 'Exists' and it worked.

Thanks!

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - ammu - 07-12-2012

Hi
If we use Exists, then only the first link will be clicked but not the desired link.
so we can use following
Code:

link_Title=l_link(i).GetROProperty("innertext")
If link_Title="XX" Then
l_link(i).Click
End If
Next

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - ranjanisudarmani - 10-18-2012

When am using the above code am getting an error as Object Required.

Can you please suggest me the solution for this problem

Thanks
Ranjani.S

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - thapubaba - 11-20-2012

The "2" denotes the 3rd link in the cell actually. Indexing starts at 0, representing the first element.

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - vinod123 - 04-09-2016

Code:
link_Title=l_link(i).GetROProperty("innertext")
If link_Title="XX" Then
l_link(i).Click
End If
Next

The above objects a, b and c properties are not present in your object repository so try to modify as per your requirements

RE: Webtable contains cell contains two links, how to click on link - Akshay - 07-30-2016

(02-07-2011, 06:47 PM)srinivassure Wrote: Hi all,
   In webtable contains a cell contains three links and how to click on the particular link.

Code:
Set MyWebTable = Browser("Browser").Page("Page").WebTable("Google.com")
RowCount = MyWebTable.RowCount
For rowno = 1 to RowCount
ColCount = MyWebTable.ColumnCount(rowno)
For colno = 1 to ColCount
RowColCellData = MyWebTable.GetCellData(rowno,colno)
LinkCount = MyWebTable.ChildItemCount(rowno,colno,"Link")
If LinkCount > 0 Then
set LinkInCell = MyWebTable.ChildItem(rowno,colno,"Link",LinkCount-1)
If LinkInCell.GetROProperty("text") = "Facebook.com" Then ' Or whatever the text property is for the required link
LinkInCell.Click
End If
End If
Next
Next