Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
CheckPoint - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: CheckPoint (/Thread-CheckPoint--4728)

CheckPoint - mv8167 - 04-20-2011

I am trying to create a checkpoint on a web page that looks for a text string "Login Failure". This is only a part of the entire text string.

Using Standard Checkpoint, I created:
Code:
Browser("WisdomLogin").Page("WisdomLogin").WebElement("Login Failure.").Check CheckPoint("Login Failure.")
But this step fails no matter what I have tried.

I thought I wshould try GetROProperty but I am not sure how to use this.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should try? My end result is to use an If.. Then...ElseIf statement to determine which action to take.

Any thoughts/ideas or suggestions would be great.

L

RE: CheckPoint - manishbhalshankar - 04-20-2011

Hi MV,

Can you please provide the details of your checkpoint: i.e. what all properties it is checking and the detailed result which tells why it is failing.

RE: CheckPoint - mv8167 - 04-21-2011

The checkpoint I was trying to use was a Text Checkpoint and an Image Checkpoint. Neither one seemed to work as I thought. Once I changed to a Standard Checkpoint, all seems to work fine.

Properties, I am not sure which properties you are refering to. Mostly, I am not sure how to find them after I created the checkpoints. In the Text Checkpoint, I ofcourse selected Insert->Checkpoint->Text Checkpoint durring Rec. I highlighted the desired text, see screenshot, and I get
Code:
Browser("WisdomLogin").Page("WisdomLogin").Check CheckPoint("WisdomLogin")

Same steps with the bitmap checkpoint (see attachment)
Code:
Browser("WisdomLogin").Page("WisdomLogin").WebElement("WebElement").Check CheckPoint("WebElement")

Using a standard checkpoint seems to be the only checkpoint that works.

thxxx
Lor

RE: CheckPoint - sreekanth chilam - 04-21-2011

Hi,

You can do that programmatically as well.
Here we go.

Code:
Login_Status=Browser("WisdomLogin").Page("WisdomLogin").WebElement("Login Failure.").GetROProperty("Innertext")

If (Instr(1,Login_Status,"Login Failure")>0) Then
     Msgbox "PASS...Required Text String exist"
Else  
     Msgbox "FAIL...Required Text String not exist"
End if

RE: CheckPoint - mv8167 - 04-21-2011

Thx Chilam, I will need to look into this code more to understand the ongoings.

I have three issues I need to look for. 1, if the page has a Failure due to a bad password/ID, 2, succesfull logiin, 3, if neither is seen the server must be down so Exit.

I have the below code working except the ElseIf statement (ElseIf Browser("Wisdom CTE").Page("WisdomLogin").WebElement("text:=Login Failure.").Exist Then
'Login Failed) does not see the test "Login Failure". My check points sees the text, just not the ElseIf statement. If within the broweser I find the text "Login Faiklure., then Exit. (Later I will add code to get the next Password in a table.)

ALSO.... Which is correct Exist or Exists? I see a lot of people using both. For me, the word Exists turns bold/blue but fails my script when I use it.

Code:
If Browser("WisdomLogin").Page("Wisdom CTE").Image("Wisdom").Exist Then
       'Login Passed -  Logout only appears when the login is successful
       Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "Login", "Login Passed"  
ElseIf Browser("Wisdom CTE").Page("WisdomLogin").WebElement("text:=Login Failure.").Exist Then
       'Login Failed
        Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "Login", "Login Failed - Bad User ID or Password"
        Browser("WisdomLogin").Close
Else
       'None of the object exist
        Reporter.ReportEvent micFail, "Login", "Login Failed. Unknown error"
        Browser("WisdomLogin").Close
End If