Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 (/Thread-Installing-flex-plugin-for-QTP-11-0)

Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - mihirjm - 06-30-2011

Hi All,

I have been trying to install a flex plugin for QTP 11.0 trial version downloaded from the HP website.

I have tried to go thru some of the information on how to install the plugin. I ended up downloading a Flex plugin which had the following read me instructions:

README:

Short Description of the folder contents:

1.Install_QTP_Plugin.bat - Double click on this bat file to install the Flex & AIR QTP Plugins.
2.Uninstall_QTP_Plugin.bat - Double click on this bat file to uninstall the Flex & AIR QTP Plugins.

3.AIR : This "AIR" Folder contains the following:
1. AIRPluginLogConfigFile.cfg: The configuration file which specifies the details of log enabling while automating the AIR application.
2. SocketPolicyFile.xml: The policy file.
3. TEAAirPluginQTP.dll: The Air plugin dll for QTP
4. TEAFlex_AIR.xml: The environment file for the flex controls in AIR application.

4.Flex : This "Flex" Folder contains the following:
1. TEAPluginIE.dll: The plug-in dll for the Internet Explorer.
2. TEAPluginQTP.dll: The Flex plug-in dll for the QTP.
3. TEAFlexCustom.xml: Sample file to specify the details of the custom component.
4. TEAFlex.xml: The environment file for the flex controls.

How to install QTP plugin for Flex and AIR applications
Double Click on the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat file and restart your machine.

How to unistall QTP Plugin for Flex and AIR applications
Double click onthe Uninstall_QTP_Plugin.bat file.

What the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat does:

Double clicking on the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat installs 2 add-ins
1.Flex:Enabling the Flex and Web add-in in the Add-in Manager screen of QTP will allow automation testing of browser based Flex applications.
2.AIR:Enabling the AIR add-in in the Add-in Manager screen of QTP will allow automation testing of desktop based AIR applications.

Upon following these steps, I was not able to see the flex add in option during start up. Am I missing something? Or is there an alternate way of including the flex plug in.

I have a web based dashboard that has been developed using Flex and wish to run a few automated tests on this dashboard.

Thanks in advance,
Mihir

RE: Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - amitv - 07-01-2011

I was able to see Flex/Air Addins after following the steps you have mentioned. May be u need to restart ur computer.

But still QTP was not able to identify anything on a Flash Application even with Flex addin selected..

Do let us know if u get any success.

RE: Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - mihirjm - 07-01-2011

Thanks for your reply Amit.

I have tried restarting the system too. Still no success.

Also tried this alternate to manually copy the 2 dll's(1. TEAPluginIE.dll: The plug-in dll for the Internet Explorer. 2. TEAPluginQTP.dll: The Flex plug-in dll for the QTP) into the Windows\system32 folder and restart the system again. Yet no success again.

Are we missing something? I am on windows 7. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Can someone help me on how to go ahead with this?

Thanks,
Mihir

RE: Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - mihirjm - 07-04-2011

Any one who could help me please?

RE: Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - amitv - 07-07-2011

Hi Mihirjm,

You may find the following useful, it would require a license.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/testing_with_QTP_flex3.pdf

Thanks!
Amit

RE: Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - sarada_m - 07-20-2011

Hello All,
Any one successful in identifying the objects thru QTP with Flex addin version 4.5.0
Thanks
Sarada

RE: Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - coasterdad1971 - 04-14-2012

Yes I have. But I had to use QTP 10. I contacted Adobe and their official position is 4.5 is supported on QTP 10. They see no reason it shouldn't work with 11.

That said, I recently got 4.6.(Buggy set of libraries by the way) but they do seem to work well with QTP 11.

Sorry for the late reply!!!

Rob.