Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
QTP recognizes web objects as win objects - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: QTP recognizes web objects as win objects (/Thread-QTP-recognizes-web-objects-as-win-objects)

QTP recognizes web objects as win objects - kalyani0820@gmail.com - 11-04-2011

Hi all,

QTP sometimes behaves strangely, it recognizes web objects as win objects. Eventhough i have launched QTP with suitable add-in, and also i launched web application after i launched QTP.Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
kalyani

RE: QTP recognizes web objects as win objects - ravi.gajul - 11-04-2011

Try going to Automation->Record and run settings->Web, and set QTP to record on any open browser.If it is already set then try
this
Goto internetexplorer right click ---->internet properties --->security tab ---->uncheck the enable protected mode option.

if this also doesn't help then disable UAC from control panel settings

RE: QTP recognizes web objects as win objects - parminderdhiman84 - 11-04-2011

This Problem occurs when you open your web application before opening QTP. So remember to Open QTP first and then open web application and you would never face that problem

RE: QTP recognizes web objects as win objects - kalyani0820@gmail.com - 11-07-2011

This Problem occurs when you open your web application before opening QTP. So remember to Open QTP first and then open web application and you would never face that problem

Hi,

No parminder, even though i opened application after i launched QTP, the problem continues........

[quote='ravi.gajul' pid='18662' dateline='1320418216']
Try going to Automation->Record and run settings->Web, and set QTP to record on any open browser.If it is already set then try
this
Goto internetexplorer right click ---->internet properties --->security tab ---->uncheck the enable protected mode option.

Thanks ravi, i'll try these

RE: QTP recognizes web objects as win objects - kuks - 04-14-2012

(11-07-2011, 10:11 AM)kalyani0820@gmail.com Wrote: This Problem occurs when you open your web application before opening QTP. So remember to Open QTP first and then open web application and you would never face that problem

Hi,

No parminder, even though i opened application after i launched QTP, the problem continues........

[quote='ravi.gajul' pid='18662' dateline='1320418216']
this

Thanks ravi, i'll try these

I am facing the same problem. Were you able to resolve this issue?