Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
QTP, object not visible - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: QTP, object not visible (/Thread-QTP-object-not-visible)

QTP, object not visible - quig - 06-10-2008

I'm trying to select Cancel or OK from a Dialog box and I'm getting "object not found." I've given both the Dialog and the WinButton "true" for the "visible" property in QTP and it still doesn't work. I used .exist(0) to see if they were there, and I got a true for each of them. What else can I check.

Thanks.

RE: QTP, object not visible - niranjan - 06-10-2008

Are the properties for this dialog box dynamic? or static?
If dynamic: Use descriptive programming
If static: open OR and see if this pop-up's properties are stored

RE: QTP, object not visible - quig - 06-10-2008

Thank you for your reply. Turns out, my issue was due to running on dual monitors. I had the property ("visible" set to true) set properly, but the script will only run when the application is opened on the same screen as QTP. This is the first time I have run into a problem running on dual monitors and it's only with the popup window giving me the error "object not visible." I hope this helps someone else, because I spent about a day tracking this one down!

RE: QTP, object not visible (Solved) - zzyplza - 01-28-2009

Thankyou quig - I wish more people would post solutions. You saved me a day.

RE: QTP, object not visible - bfakruddin - 01-28-2009

By descriptive way we can set property values like this... check with the Object Spy and set by copy in object spy properties and paste in your script... if you manually types, chance is there to set property wrongly. so copy and paste avoids this types of small mistakes.

for e.g:
Code:
dialog("title:=Login").Activate
If dialog("title:=Login").winEdit("attached text:=Agent Name:","visible:=True").Exist(1) then
    msgbox "it exists",3,"Status of Object"
    else
    msgbox "it doesn't exists in dialog box",3,"Status of Object"
end if

RE: QTP, object not visible - digikiwam - 04-23-2009

Just make sure, on dual monitors, the application you are testing is on your main screen.

RE: QTP, object not visible - s2002h69 - 04-08-2010

This was my problem exactly. Thanks a bunch![/u]

RE: QTP, object not visible - philips_qtp - 11-22-2011

I have faced the same issue... There is a 'Next' button which is a same object in 4 pages(similar to installation window)....I have checked the Visible property and enable property...I have also given the Exist condition..After all this intermittantly I am getting 'Object not found' error(about once in 5 times).. Its working fine when clicking on Retry in the alert ....I was not runnig on dual monitor..

RE: QTP, object not visible - dweber - 12-05-2011

Yes, thank you, I ran into the same issue.