Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP skips action
Not Solved
Hi Guys,
I've 8 Actions in my script. I also have a Recovery scenario where i've selected 'Go to next action' option any time error occurs. However, when error occurs it skips multiple action. Behavior is as follow:

I'm getting error on action 4, so instead of going to action 5 it goes to action 6. Then, i'm getting error on action 6, so instead of going to action 7 it jumps to action 8. Can someone please help me out here??

Thanks in Advance!!
Not Solved
Are actions 4 and 5 nested and similarly 6 and 7?
could you please post the test flow panel screen shot?
Not Solved
No the actions are not nested. PFA the screenshot of Test Flow.

Thanks for looking into this problem Ravi.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Please disassociate the recovery scenario file and re-run the script. It might be possible that there is an error in the action that is skipped.The recovery scenario gets activated for any error that QTP wants to throw.
Not Solved
Can you please tell me how can i disassociate it??
Not Solved
click File->Settings->Recovery.In the recovery panel,you will see all the assosciated recovery scenario,remove these by clicking on "X" button.You can later reassociate if required.
Not Solved
Thanks Ravi. I was able to solve this issue by removing the recovery scenario. But same issue occurs when i reassociate it. Is there any other way i can skip action upon any kind of error?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between parameter tabs in Action Properties and Action Call Properties. vibhakhandelwal 0 3,837 11-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Last Post: vibhakhandelwal
  External Action in QTP prasadworld321 1 4,117 03-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Last Post: manishbhalshankar