With the introduction of QTP 11, it seems HP is keen to change many things. Earlier they used to come up with a new certification only after a gap of 2-3 years. QTP 11 was introduced in Sep’10 . In July 2011, HP has already announced the arrival of QTP 11 certification. QTP 10 certification thus becomes obsolete now. In case you are looking for QTP 11 certification read on…
What are the major changes between QTP 10.0 certification exam and QTP 11.0 certification exam?
In QTP 10.0 and earlier versions you need to take both QC exam(HP0-M31) AND QTP exam(HP0-M39) to get AIS certificate from HP. Starting with QTP 11/ALM 11, you just need to take one core exam that is HP AIS – Functional Testing v11 (Code HP0-M47) OR HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.x Software (Code HP0-M46).
Since you are reading a QTP blog, I assume you would want to take HP AIS – Functional Testing v11 (Code HP0-M47) exam. (Informally known as QTP 11 certification exam)
What to expect in HP0-M47: HP QuickTest Professional 11.0 exam?
- Number of items: 69
- Item types: multiple choice, drag-and-drop, and point and click
- Exam time: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 75%
[Source: HP QTP 11 exam preparation guide]
What is the syllabus for QTP 11 certification exam?
Please check the table below.
|10%||Automated test planning
• Plan for general testing and automation.
• Plan for QTP testing.
• Identify and describe features and settings.
• Explain QTP licensing and packaging.
|19%||Basic test creation and how QTP works with objects
• Create the basic test.
• Explain how QTP works with objects.
• Add steps without recording.
• Explain the purpose and operation of Smart Identification feature
|24%||Basic test verification and enhancement
• Add standard and custom verification points.
• Enhance tests with parameters.
• Add custom checkpoints.
• Add database checkpoints.
• Add bitmap checkpoints.
• View test results.
|11%||Modular automated test builds
•Explain how to build modular QTP tests with Actions.
•Use a Shared Object Repository.
|7%||QTP and ALM integration
•Explain the QTP/ALM connection.
•Define ALM management of QTP resources.
•Explain versioning features in QTP
|10%||Automated test troubleshooting
•Troubleshoot Object Recognition problems.
•Use Recovery scenarios.
•Use the Debugging Tool.
•Measure System Performance.
•Configure log tracking
|4%||Advanced QTP Scripting
• Import and export Excel sheets.
• Get and set object properties.
• Identify descriptive programming to bypass repository.
• Describe Expert View features.
• Describe dynamic object programming.
• Identify and describe VBScript elements.
• Recognize Web Add-in Extensibility.
• Describe Web event recording use and configuration.
• Identify new web testing capabilities.
How to enroll for QTP 11 certification?
To register for QTP certification exam with PearsonVUE, you need to have 1) HP Learner ID and then 2) you need to create an account with PearsonVUE.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to create HP learner ID and PearsonVUE account.
1. Go to HP ExpertOne Learner ID page
2. Click on Get Started on the top and choose one of the options depending upon you’re a HP customer, HP partner or HP employee. If you’re an individual seeking QTP certification, you should choose HP customer.
3. Click on Create Your Account
4. Choose an appropriate option under Citizenship Verification and hit Continue.
5. Fill in the necessary personal details on the next page.
6. You should get your HP Leaner ID within next 24-72 hrs.
7. Once you get the HP Learner ID, header over to PearsonVUE HP testing portal and click on Create Profile
8. On the next page, click on Continue
9. Enter necessary details. Make sure that First Name, Last Name and Company should match with what you have mentioned in your HP Learner ID account. If you’re unsure, check the acknowledgement email from HP which contains all the data entered by you.
10. As soon as you submit the form above, you will receive an email with a link and an authorization code. You would need to click on the link inside that email to activate your testing profile. Enter the authorization code and click on Submit button.
11. On the next page, enter your login details and hit Submit. Remember your HP Learner ID becomes the username for this portal.
12. Inside your candidate record page, click on Verify button. You profile will get updated.
13. Click on Schedule Proctored Exam on the left.
14. Click on View Proctored Exams on the next page.
15. Scroll down and click on HP0-M47 Hp Functional Testing 11.x software.
16. On the next page, you will find the details regarding cost and languages in which the exam is available. [This exam is currently available in English, Chinese Simplified, Japanese and Korean.] Click Schedule this exam.
17. Select the language of your choice on the next page and click on Next.
18. On the next page, select the date and time when you wish to appear for the exam.
19. On the next page, you can select up to 3 test centers near your location. [They use Google Maps API to locate the nearest center to your given address] Click Next.
20. Click on Proceed to Checkout on the bottom right.
21. Confirm your personal info & Agree to Policies in the next couple steps.
22. Enter your payment details. You can pay for this exam using American Express, JCB, Master or VISA credit/debit cards. Click Next.
23. On the next page, Click on Submit Order.
24. That’s it. You have now successfully registered for the QTP certification exam.
How to prepare for QTP 11 certification?
QTP cert is a set of 348 questions. QTP Cert will not only help you ace QTP 11 certification exam but will also help you get a firm grasp over QTP concepts. We have invested a lot of time and energy to come up with these questions and have tried to incorporate almost all major concepts of QTP and syllabus of QTP 11 certification inside these papers. Check more details here.
If you want to keep track of further articles on UFT (QTP). I recommend you to subscribe by Email and have new UFT articles sent directly to your inbox.