Details on QTP 11 Certification (HP0-M47)
With the introduction of QTP 11, it seems HP is keen to change many things. Earlier they used to come up with a new certification only after a gap of 2-3 years. QTP 11 was introduced in Sep’10 . In July 2011, HP has already announced the arrival of QTP 11 certification. QTP 10 certification thus becomes obsolete now. In case you are looking for QTP 11 certification read on…
What are the major changes between QTP 10.0 certification exam and QTP 11.0 certification exam?
In QTP 10.0 and earlier versions you need to take both QC exam(HP0-M31) AND QTP exam(HP0-M39) to get AIS certificate from HP. Starting with QTP 11/ALM 11, you just need to take one core exam that is HP AIS – Functional Testing v11 (Code HP0-M47) OR HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.x Software (Code HP0-M46).
Since you are reading a QTP blog, I assume you would want to take HP AIS – Functional Testing v11 (Code HP0-M47) exam. (Informally known as QTP 11 certification exam)
What to expect in HP0-M47: HP QuickTest Professional 11.0 exam?
- Number of items: 72
- Item types: multiple choice, drag-and-drop, and point and click
- Exam time: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 75%
[Source: HP QTP 11 exam preparation guide]
What is the syllabus for QTP 11 certification exam?
Please check the table below.
|10%||Automated test planning|
• Plan for general testing and automation.
• Plan for QTP testing.
• Identify and describe features and settings.
• Explain QTP licensing and packaging.
|19%||Basic test creation and how QTP works with objects|
• Create the basic test.
• Explain how QTP works with objects.
• Add steps without recording.
• Explain the purpose and operation of Smart Identification feature
|24%||Basic test verification and enhancement|
• Add standard and custom verification points.
• Enhance tests with parameters.
• Add custom checkpoints.
• Add database checkpoints.
• Add bitmap checkpoints.
• View test results.
|11%||Modular automated test builds|
•Explain how to build modular QTP tests with Actions.
•Use a Shared Object Repository.
|7%||QTP and ALM integration|
•Explain the QTP/ALM connection.
•Define ALM management of QTP resources.
•Explain versioning features in QTP
|10%||Automated test troubleshooting|
•Troubleshoot Object Recognition problems.
•Use Recovery scenarios.
•Use the Debugging Tool.
•Measure System Performance.
•Configure log tracking
|4%||Advanced QTP Scripting|
• Import and export Excel sheets.
• Get and set object properties.
• Identify descriptive programming to bypass repository.
• Describe Expert View features.
• Describe dynamic object programming.
• Identify and describe VBScript elements.
• Recognize Web Add-in Extensibility.
• Describe Web event recording use and configuration.
• Identify new web testing capabilities.
How to enroll for QTP 11 certification?
Go to Prometric’s website and select your region on the left side. You can make a call on the mentioned phone numbers and get information about test centers/registration etc (Code for this exam is HP0-M47.)
How to prepare for QTP 11 certification?
QTP cert is a set of 348 questions. QTP Cert will not only help you ace QTP 11 certification exam but will also help you get a firm grasp over QTP concepts. We have invested a lot of time and energy to come up with these questions and have tried to incorporate almost all major concepts of QTP and syllabus of QTP 11 certification inside these papers. Check more details here.
Optimizing QTP Scripts: Download the Free eBook!
Please enter your first name and email address below to instantly download the eBook. In future, we will make sure you get new tips & tricks on QTP delivered direct to your email box.