Since the release of Google Chrome, our beloved Firefox browser has shed its slow release cycles it had prior to Firefox 4 and it is now coming up with a new version almost every six weeks. HP has been doing a great job in keeping up with these versions. Here is a full support matrix of QTP 11 with various patches if you wish to record and replay on Firefox 3 or above.
Here is a list of all those patches with a link to download from HP’s support site.
|Firefox Versions||QTP 11 Patches Download Link|
|Version 4, 5, 6, 7, 8||QTPWEB_00090|
|Version 9, 10, 11||QTPWEB_00092|
|Version 13, 14||QTPWEB_00105|
Here are some points to note -
- For Firefox 9 and above, QTPWEB_00090 should always be installed prior to installing the respective patches.
- QTP 11 trial dump comes with a Product Availability Matrix (PAM). It can be used to check QTP 11’s built in support for various applications, browsers, operating systems.
- Once you install any of the patches above, ensure that Firefox add-in for QTP 11 is installed and enabled under Tools > Addons.
- With the respective patches above, QTP 11 provides record and replay support for the corresponding Firefox versions.
Latest posts by Ankur Jain (see all)
- Free Webinar: The Latest In Mobile Test Automation & Extension to QTP - April 20, 2013
- MD5 Checksum: Verify Integrity of UFT(QTP) Download - December 28, 2012
- UFT(QTP) 11.5 is available for download - December 21, 2012