Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Interview Questions Please help
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I know that there could be different ways to answer these questions, but I am looking for the best way to answer it, your input is greatly appreciated.

1- Describe to me the difference between Descriptive programming and the normal Object Repository Programming in QTP?

2- Can you explain how the Property Value pairs are used in Descriptive programming?

3- What parts of QTP that you can consider yourself advanced in, more than the average person?

Looking forward to get everyone's input please.
Hi Blue,

Here are the links for 1 & 2:

http://relevantcodes.com/dp-vs-or/

http://relevantcodes.com/descriptive-pro...oncepts-1/
Thanks a lot. that helps.
Answer for question 1: If we do coding in Descriptive,then the same can be reused in some other PC's.But if we do coding using Object respository,it runs in your respective PC but not in some other PC's.Because it expects object respository values in those PC's.So it is better to use Descriptive programming because of reusability.
Answer for question 3:I hope some useful benefits are there in using QTP10. They are
#Can save the test result in MS word and PDF format
#Can get the practical run time of the application
#Can reuse the existing codes
#Can handle multiple IE browser windows
#Better error handling mechanism
#Suitable to web applications
Meenakshi Sundar,

Answer of your first question is not right. Object Repository can be used on any machine. Advantage of DP are already listed in https://www.learnqtp.com/descriptive-pro...implified/ location, please see.
Hi Jay,
I accept your point.but i need one clarification.
During Record/Run,temporary values are stored in object respository.But if we reuse the same code in some other PC's,it expects for those values which we stored in object respository.This is what i meant....Can you give me a clear explanation if my point is wrong.
OR is created action wise so when you transfer script from one pc to another then whole things transferred including OR. Object properties are not stored temporary while recoding it’s a permanent.
how to conncect from QC TO QTP
I know that there could be different ways to answer these questions, but I am looking for the best way to answer it, your input is greatly appreciated.

1- Describe to me the difference between Descriptive programming and the normal Object Repository Programming in QTP?
A.with out having objects information in object repository we have to develop descriptive. in the object information is it self programme only we have to write it.
Object repository storage place it means where we can store the objects information and also it acts the interface between test scriopt and application under test inorder to identify the objects during execution.

2- Can you explain how the Property Value pairs are used in Descriptive programming?
in descriptive programming we have to use propery value and recoginize the object for example:one web button is there how it is identify means we have use object spy we should give a correct property value.
3- What parts of QTP that you can consider yourself advanced in, more than the average person?
average person
Looking forward to get everyone's input please.
1.using DP we can write a script with out have AVT .but if we use OR AVT should be appear
2-we use it in two ways1-dynamic way 2-static way

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interview Questions praveen.sharma 4 5,487 08-23-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview Questions supputuri 12 12,573 08-23-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview question nandha 0 1,707 03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nandha
  Few Interview Question asked in various Companies.. shailesh.2.singh@bt.com 1 3,257 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: mallika199317@gmail.com
  Interview Question raghavaqtp 1 3,516 12-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Last Post: supputuri