Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running QTP scripts while host computer is locked
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I recently noticed that scripts would pass when ran from QC while the host machine is unlocked but would fail if ran while the host machine is locked. Found out that this was because QTP seems to not recognize popup boxes when the machine is locked.

I am looking for a way around this because there is one machine availble on site that has QTP and most times when i will run the scripts will be when i am at home, so that machine will be locked.

If anyone has any suggestions this would be incredibly helpful.
Hi,

Please follow below steps:

Start--->Run--> Type 'Regedit'
Change the following registry settings..
Goto following folder..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest
Professional\MicTest
Locate the key "SkipEnvironmentChecks"
By Default the value will be "0"
Change the value to "1" and restart the QTP.
Now QTP will run with system locked.

Regards,
Sankalp
Sankalp - Thanks. We can do if we have the admin rights but in my case i dont have the admin rights. Then is their any soklution?
I have developed an utility an year back to keep system awake based on QTP instance, check if this is useful..

Utility to Keep Your System Unlock While Scripts are Running

Let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Dont waste time re-inventing the wheel...A simple vbscript in a while loop which uses Sendkeys on NumLock should keep the system activated. The easiest way is to google for "Caffeine.exe" and download it. It is a exe and hence you dont need admin rights. Now, this is an awesome tool used across which is a freeware. If you do not have download rights on the machine, then download it somewhere else and then copy it over to your machine. As it is an exe it does not make any changes to the registry as well.

Always remember to use the simplest method to achieve the solution. You dont want to buy the cow for a glass of milk Smile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks.

But Caffeine is not working at least for my case.

Do we have any order solution for that?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issue in running Scripts on Edge browser Deepa_m 0 1,529 12-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Deepa_m
  How to make QTP Script to work when system gets locked? ramkumarad 6 11,858 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Divv
  AOM script is running only one or two scripts. jramya 4 3,821 07-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: jramya
  System getting locked Anand Saboo 4 3,448 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Anand Saboo
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,824 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA