Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web objects not recognised
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months ago Rolleyes 
Hi Ankur,

I am new to QTP and following your beginners guide for my learnign session. Well I am enjoying it and wud like to thank you for the Great job!!
I have installed QTP 9.5 evaluation version, with windows XP , IE 7.0.
Well i was following the steps in tutorial to do some recordings the step. All these while QTP was able to recoginse the web objects properly but when I wanted to insert a table checkpoint on the so famous mercury website, it stopped recognising the objects. The spy identified the object as webobject: Internet explorer_server.
But when i spyed the same on different browser(like testing forum) in a different tab it was able to recognise the objects.
Note: the web add-in was included in the test
Could you please let me know what could be the reason for the failure of identificatin of webobjects?

Regards,
Deepthi

Attached Files Image(s)

Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months ago
You have to make sure that.. you always open QTP first then a Browser.
If you fail to do so QTP will recognise the objects as WINOBJECT. this is a bug of QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Dear Friend,

please try with low level recording that winobject portion alone. becasue QTP dose not record few things like winobject that time you have to record low level recording. I hope this answer will help you.

Regards,
Durai.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile If Then Is Always True For Web Objects zunebuggy 1 762 04-17-2020, 04:30 AM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  QTP 11 - Oracle Forms objects not recognised WarrenRay 0 2,965 06-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Last Post: WarrenRay
  How to connect two web element objects? zawarepradeep@gmail.com 1 2,513 07-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Spy is not deteting Web objects ssandula 0 1,809 11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Last Post: ssandula
  spell checking of web objects kriday 3 3,746 07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Staff