Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clicking an item in the menu should open browser?
Not Solved
Hi,

I dont know if anyone is really looking into my problems or even this site is active.

I facing a problem and i really need solution.
I have Ms Office communicator(messenger) software and when i click on the menu, there are bunch of items in it and when i click one of the item it opens up IE which is a online help webpage. When i record it records as

Code:
Browser("Internet Explorer Cannot").Page("Internet Explorer Cannot").Sync
Browser("Internet Explorer Cannot").closeAllTabs

but while i run the script it doesnot recognize this at all.

I used micAltup and micAltdown.. to go to that particular item
when i run the script it goes up to that particular item but it doesnot click that item to open up. this item opens up browser which is a blank page.
Not Solved
Moving through the menu in your way should not cause any issue.
Can you paste whatever you have tried?
are you on Communicator 2007?

by the way this site is very much active and all the expert members are activiely participating here in the loads of thread here.
may be somehow your earlier query has been missed, or the members did not got enough time/knowledge to look at the query.
it could be any possible reason. But that does not means the site is dead.

I will look at your earlier issue and try my best to reply.

Not Solved
thank you very much saket,
That problem is solved. but a new issue again.

i have MS Communicator 2007.
When i use systemutil or any other invoke, it would open Communicator.
but for the 1st time if i reboot my machine and log on and try to run this script it doesnot provoke invoke application.

But i see that when communicator is invoke from start--> communcator it keeps this communicator in notification area of the system tray. even if i run try to invoke many times, it does not open.

moreover if i go to the system tray and click it , a menu appears and in which there is open and when i click this open thats when it opens.
after which when i run the script, it works perfectly fine.

How to solve this problem?

1 more question related to this. There is a online help link in the menu of communicator as i told earlier. As QC is open, when this link is clicked, it opens in the same window as another tab. i dont know but it doesnot recognize the object. but when i close QC, it recognizes the browser and runs the script.
Not Solved
Milind solved my problem. Want solution to to my forum dblclick help. You will find amazing solution. It will doubleclick on any icon in the notification area to open up.

however my IE browser problem not yet solved. waiting for that solution too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to trigger a function/recovery scenario on clicking stop button anand01_05 0 1,077 01-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: anand01_05
  Unable to perform click operation on MDI menu/sub menu (Infragistics) with UFT 12 Mahen1108 0 3,271 06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Mahen1108
  QTP clicking on WpfImage is not working, but it is highlight it Prashanth 2 2,709 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Prashanth
  Clicking a link in a webtable nikhilcogni 0 2,124 06-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Last Post: nikhilcogni
  How to get the location(x,y) of an highlighted item in WinList sunnyk8 3 10,686 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth