Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums

Full Version: Drop-down box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have one problem with drop-down boxes. When I manually select a value and ask QTP to do the same thing, the drop down box goes blank during the test. Does anybody know why?
Sure that the object is captured in the object repository?
Howewer try with something as:
Code:
Browser("browser").Page("page").WebList("weblist").Select "xyz"
That is the way it is usually recorded in the script and it is not working. Very strange.

It is captured in the object repository
Hello mahadevan.swamy

is there any script behind the combobox?

can you send the html source of the combobox?

maybe it will give us more idea.
This is strange. When I used a Gmail application and selected a value from the drop-down box and run the test, the value goes blank again during the test.

How do I send you the html source of the combo-box? Can you try testing the gmail application by selecting an unread mail and selecting "Mark it as unread" in the combo-box? and then run the test and see what happens. Also try parametrizing the username and passwords if you have 2 accounts in gmail and run the test to see what happens. Tell me if it works out for you. Thanks
Hi,

Which Browser dd u use to record the application? some iE browsers not recognize drop down object. but Mozilla can handle this.