Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums

Full Version: Sending Mail through QTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I Am trying to send mail using QTP(9.2) .I have used "outlook.application" and also "CDONTS.Newmail".
In both cases am geting an error in the line 'Set Ol = Createobject("Outlook.Application")', saying Activex can't create object "Outlook.Application".Similar in "CDONTS.Newmail".

I have also copied the same code provided by qtp in the samplecode folder,.vbs file.But the result is same.

Please help.
You need to install CDonts library first. Search on microsoft.com for CDONTS library and install the same
Thanks a lot.But what about outlook ? It is there in my machine and before executing the QTP script , have also opened outlook.
You are not using OUtlook here. CDONTS is a different library and it does not come with outlook.
Why install CDONTS and all???
u can use outlook.application
and also u can also use CDO.Message if u know the SMTP server name....
here are the scripts for both the cases::

Code:
OUTLOOK.APPLICATION
Set objapp = createobject("outlook.application")
Set obj = objapp.createitem(0)
obj.subject = "QTP test mail"
obj.to = "<email>"
'obj.CC = "<email>"
obj.body = "This mail is send through QTP"&chr(13)&"Regards,"&chr(13)&"Test"
'obj.attachments.add("<filepath>")
obj.send

Code:
CDO.MESSAGE
'Script to send an email through QTP nice one
Set oMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

'==This section provides the configuration information for the remote SMTP server.
'==Normally you will only change the server name or IP.
oMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2

'Name or IP of Remote SMTP Server
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") ="<mail server url>"

'Server port (typically 25)
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25

oMessage.Configuration.Fields.Update
oMessage.Subject = "Test Mail"
oMessage.Sender = "<email>"
oMessage.To ="<email>"
'oMessage.CC = "<email>"
'oMessage.BCC = "<email>"
oMessage.TextBody = "Test Mail from QTP"&vbcrlf&"Regards,"&vbcrlf&"Test"
oMessage.Send

Set oMessage = Nothing[hr]
For working on either of the above methods, ActiveX is not sufficient. Check the Visual Basic Add in at startup of QTP
Hi everyone,

I wanted QTP to email me when there's a problem found during testing. I got the email codes but how do I call those codes to send email emails? Do I have to add those send email function into the testing script? Or keep the send email in a separate vbs file?

I hope this makes sense if not please let me know so I can explain more what I am seeking

Thanks...
v890115 -
Please ensure you do not Reopen Posts which are old. If you have a question kindly first search the forum and if you could not find what you were looking for then open a new post.
It is imperative that you follow the forum guidelines so that everyone can help you.

Thread locked !!!