Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums

Full Version: The browser Application can't be launched. Possibly the URL is wrong.- Win.XP-IE 8.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/font], I'm using QTP 9.5.0.0 Build 194 at the moment.
I have a problem, when I am recording the test, show me an error: "The browser Application can't be launched. Possibly the URL is wrong.". The browser that I configure
is IE 8 and the url introduced is http://newtours.demoaut.com/ and the System Operative is Windows XP.
I begginer in the use of QTP". I read a lot of suggestions and solutions in differents blogs but any has resolved this error.
I'm using the application "Mercury Tour Web Site"
Can anybody help me? However, I found a workaround to this issue, the steps are following:
1- I run QTP with browser setting in Internet Explorer.
2- The applications is loading in Mozilla.
3- The recording is began.
4- Show the error "The browser Application can't be launched. Possibly the URL is wrong."
5- Close the window's error.
6- Go to the Mozilla and does differents actions on the web application.
7- These actions are saved in the Keyword View at QTP.
8- Finally, run the test.

But, I think, that behavior there is not correct. I want to use to IE Smile.
Thanks.
QTP 9.5 does not work with IE8, you will need to upgrade to QTP 10.0
Hi Guys,

The easiest way to record Web Applications using QTP 11 on Windows Vista is by following the steps below.

Ensure: IE - Internet Options > security settings - Enable Security checkbox is TICKED

Ensure: Particular URL is allowed on Privacy Tab - Sites - under IE > Internet Options

Ensure: If Using VISTA, Launch QTP latest Vxx: Run as Administrator prior to launch of IE

Ensure: If Using VISTA, Launch IE latest Vxx: Run as Administrator after to launch of QTP Latest version

Ensure: Web Add-in is only ticked if recording Web Applications[/b]

Hope this works for you guys

Thanks
MSB