Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums

Full Version: don't spy object as Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Why i don't spy this object as Browser? Can any body tell me the reason? Please see the picture to see that.

Thanks and BRs,
linhke
Strange. IF its open on a IE it should recognise as Browser as far as i know..I may be wrong though..

Basic checks,

1. Did you open QTP after the application ?
2. can you try opening a different browser and see if it gets recognised ?
1. I try to open QTP before the application but QTP doesn't still know is as browser.
2. On another PC, QTP knows it as Browser as i want => i think have the different in IEs setting or others... i am not sure about that???

1. I try to open QTP before the application but QTP doesn't still know is as browser.
2. On another PC, QTP knows it as Browser as i want => i think have the different in IEs setting or others... i am not sure about that???
Can you check whether the Web add-in checkbox is selected in the startup dialog.
I checked it, but still not done.
Can you provide which version of QTP and IE you are using?
Sometime you can encounter this problem. Try to record and play back the recorded scripts. And if still the problem persists then close the QTP and again open and check the same.
QTP 10.0, IE 7.0. I tried your solutions too, but can not resolve it
may be this could be simply the browser extension issue. Can you check if you have enabled third party browser extensions?

in case you are not aware of this -
Go to IE-- Tools >Internet Options
Click on Advanced tab
under section - 'Browsing' find "Enable third-party browser extensions*"
make sure this is flagged on , this helps to excess files and application made in other tools and those files can be accessible.
I checked it, but still not resolve this issue Sad
strange, I thought it would solve your problem Smile, It was checked 'ON' or 'OFF'? just a reminder - if it was checked OFF and you checked on it, you will need to restart browser to make the changes effect.

possibly you already have done that, just in case not...
Pages: 1 2