Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums

Full Version: Error in detecting an object on a Java Table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am currently using QuickTest v9.5 and have created basic scripts for a Java applet software.
I have encountered an unspecified error during run-time.
Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated.
I have included relevant details below.

Thank you

THE ERROR
===========
RUN ERROR:

Unspecified error

Line (22): "Browser("iCFM Login").Page("iCFM (tst)").ActiveX("Java Plug-in").JavaApplet("ICFMApplet").JavaDialog("Timeseries

data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").SetCellData "#0", "Quantity (MW)", "50.00"".

OTHER INFORMATION:
=====================
1) The .JavaTable("Select data entry method:") is in the Object Repository
2) When I attempt to manually record and click on the Quantity field, QuickTest records a clickCell line. However, when I enter any data on the Quantity field and press enter, no code is generated during recording (?)

THE CODE SNIPPET:
===================
Code:
Browser("iCFM Login").Page("iCFM (tst)").ActiveX("Java Plug-in").JavaApplet("ICFMApplet").JavaDialog("Timeseries
data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").SelectColumnHeader "Quantity (MW)"

Browser("iCFM Login").Page("iCFM (tst)").ActiveX("Java Plug-in").JavaApplet("ICFMApplet").JavaDialog("Timeseries
data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").ClickCell "#0","Quantity (MW)"

data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").SetCellData "#0", "Quantity (MW)", "50.00"

ABOUT THE APPLICATION:
=======================
It is a Java applet and the Java Table that is being access by the above script consist of various field types such as a dropdown, 2 date fields, checkboxes and textfields.
There are a couple of posts related to General Run Error and tips with java add-in.

See if that can help you. In any case, let us know.