Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums

Full Version: Can UFT Handle Detecting Redirects?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My script is opening a certain page ( Browser("MyPage1").Page(MyPage1")... ) and then sets a value and clicks a button that refreshes this screen and then I verify values o that screen match.  It does this for several iterations but if the system is ever down for any reason, the user is redirected and my script hangs until I can get it working again the next day.  This is because it redirects to (Browser("RedirPage2").Page(RedirPage2") ). I have tried to put If Thens, Do Whiles, etc. trying to detect this redirect but nothing I do is working. I have tried On Error Resume Next and in the Settings > Run I have tried different On Error settings nothing works for me.  It's not an error that causes this.  The program does respond with a Warning that it cannot find the field it is looking for, but not a failure.  That's why I try to catch this redirect just before it is checking the field values on the refreshed page.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.