Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
how to select a particular object in HTML table ? - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: how to select a particular object in HTML table ? (/Thread-how-to-select-a-particular-object-in-HTML-table)

how to select a particular object in HTML table ? - Rachna - 08-05-2009

Hi all,

I recorded a script using the below mentioned statement:
Code:
JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SetCellData "#1","Select","1"

Now if i Run the script it throws an error syaing "The operation cannot be performed"

if i edit the statement to:
Code:
JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SelectCell "#1" ,"Select"

Then also i get the same error.

Kindly help me in resolution of the issue.
Thanks
Rachna

RE: how to select a particular object in HTML table ? - basanth27 - 08-05-2009

I see from your subject that you are trying to select a value from the table, but from the code you are trying to set a value to the table.

Try this if your intention is only to select a cell,

Code:
JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SelectCell 1 ,"Select"

I presume "Select" is the text you want to select from the table ??

Sorry i misled. My bad.

Code:
JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SelectCell 1 ,"Select"

"Select" here is the name of the column and 1 is the first row.

RE: how to select a particular object in HTML table ? - Rachna - 08-06-2009

hi,
Thanks for the quick reply..

but it also didnt work and I am getting the same issue "The operation could not be performed"

Kindly provide me a solution for this issue asap.

Regards,
Rachna

RE: how to select a particular object in HTML table ? - basanth27 - 08-06-2009

Try this then,

Javatable().Object.SelectCell Cint(1), "Select"

i tried using this:

Code:
objDescription =  JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SelectCell Cint(1), "Select"
msgbox(objDescription)

It is giving syntax error.

and says the run cannot be completed
Expected end of statement
Line (117): "objDescription = JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SelectCell Cint("1"), "Select"".

It would for sure, Since you are selecting a cell and there is no return value for it. Please try with assigning a variable. Just like this,

Code:
JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SelectCell Cint(1), "Select"

Code:
JavaWindow("Sales_BasicFlow").JavaDialog("Optional Service Selection").JavaTable("Select Services for 0000374914").SelectCell Cint(1), "Select"
this still givesm an error saying the operation cannot be performed.

Please ssee the screen shot attached...here from the pop up i need to select the first option in the popup

Thanks rachana. It would be more helpful if you can load the spy shot of the object you want to select. That can help me to drill further.

please find spy shot attached.