Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 (/Thread-qtp-11-win-7-IE-8)

Pages: 1 2

qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - varun27librian@gmail.com - 11-20-2010

hi i am on win 7 OS running qtp 11 trial 1 version with IE 8 .

My issue is while recording only window objects are recognized but no web objects are being recorded .Please guide .

varun
varun27librian@gmail.com

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - PrabhatN - 11-20-2010

Hi Varun,

This is a very frequent question asked. Make sure you have taken care of following things,

You should

> open QTP first, other applications (Browser) next

> associate Web Add-in, though its default some time we unintentionally untick the option.

Hope this helps.

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - varun27librian@gmail.com - 11-20-2010

nopes this dint help , first i open qtp wid all default add ins checked ..then i record but same result as always

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - mvuyy001 - 11-20-2010

Hi,
there are 2 things that you can try:
1. Right Click and run QTP as an Administrator and then try recording or recognizing objects.
2. Open QTP, go to Record and Run Settings and navigate to the Web tab and change the settings from a specific browser settings to 'Record on any open browser' setting and then try recording or recognizing objects.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
MV

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - varun27librian@gmail.com - 11-23-2010

Dear MV

it worked , koool . any specific reason why running as an admin works ,???

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - mvuyy001 - 11-25-2010

Hi Varun,
If you look at QTP requirements, it states that for QTP to successfully work on any environment, it needs to have admin level privileges to some of its files/registry options to perform its functionality. Since Windows 7 has bought in levels of security, your User ID on your test PC might NOT have had all the admin level privileges. Hence right click and running as an admin fixed your issue. Also to avoid the hassle of always having to right click and run it as an admin, just do a one time setting by right clicking on QTP desktop shortcut and select Properties. Navigate to Compatibility Tab and check the option Run as Administrator. If you want this setting to be retained for all the users that might use that PC, Click on the Button that says for all Users and do the same.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
MV

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - sasmitakumari - 08-29-2011

Thanks...Cooolll post. This discussion helped me resolving my issue...

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - Geethika - 11-09-2011

Hello,

Just today i installed QTP 11, on Window 7 IE 8.

Though launching QTP as admin, Web objects were not recognized.

How to get this resolved. Let me know.

Regards,
Geethika

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - ravi.gajul - 11-09-2011

Disable User Account Control (UAC).
Navigate to Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts and change the setting to never notify.
That should help you

Regards,
Ravi

RE: qtp 11 , win 7 , IE 8 - vinod123 - 11-14-2011

beacause of addins