Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
SwfWindow recognized as Window - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: UFT / QTP Beginners (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-UFT-QTP-Beginners)
+--- Thread: SwfWindow recognized as Window (/Thread-SwfWindow-recognized-as-Window)

SwfWindow recognized as Window - chrono160 - 03-24-2011

Hi everyone. I have been doing some test automation on a Windows Forms applications. I created a script that worked fine, in which everything was added to the OR as SwfWindows/SwfButtons etc..

Out of sudden, the script stopped working. If I use the .net control spy on the app, everything is recognized as Windows/WinObjects. But if I try it on another .net App (while on the same test, without changing anything) everything is correctly identified as SwfWindows/SwfButtons etc.

An ideas, why this might have happened??

I´m using QTP 11, with the .net, web, and VB add-ins. I'm recording while on any open application and I have run the addFullTrust executable. I tried repairing, QTP and reinstalling .Net addin.

If I record right now, i get something like this:

Code:
'' Windows forms App ONE
With Window("window")
    .Activate
    .WinObject("WindowsForms10.SysTabControl32").Click 110,14
End With
'' Windows forms App TWO
With SwfWindow("Demo").SwfWindow("DC")
    .SwfRadioButton("Scheduled").Set
    .Activate
End With

RE: SwfWindow recognized as Window - PrabhatN - 03-24-2011

Hi Chrono160,

Even i have encountered exactly the same problem. In my case, i have a simulator that has been developed in Windows Forms. It was a strange behaviour of QTP that sometime it'll recognize the Swf objects and most of the time it'll show them as WinObjects. Later i found out a way and it was like every time i launch the simulator (it is an exe file) through QTP, it could recognize the object comfortably. And it was a saving grace for me as during run-time the QTP is going to launch the simulator, so everytime it could recognize the objects.

Atleast client will not have a clue about this awkwardness Tongue

RE: SwfWindow recognized as Window - chrono160 - 03-25-2011

Hi PrabhatN,

I managed to solve it in the weirdest way... After reinstalling QTP, and trying lots of ways of fixing it, the script ended up working again after I rebooted the pc.

No idea whyTongue

Thanks for your help!

RE: SwfWindow recognized as Window - Nandana Vijay Kumar - 11-08-2011

Hi,

The following setting have to be done in QTP for it to identify the objects as SwfWindow, SwfTable, etc..

1. Open QTP.
2. Go to "Record & Run Settings"
3. Click on "Windows Application"
4. Selct "Record & Run test on any open windows based application" radio button.
5. Click on Apply and save.

Now spy and check, the object will get recognized as expected.

Thanks,
Nandana

RE: SwfWindow recognized as Window - mikee58 - 10-31-2012

Nandana's answer worked perfectly.
Cheers,
Michael

RE: SwfWindow recognized as Window - cetejas - 02-22-2013

[quote='Nandana Vijay Kumar' pid='18691' dateline='1320741135']
Hi,

thnx, Nandana.
but problem is, it do not work sometimes. In such case, What will be the solution.

RE: SwfWindow recognized as Window - praveendasika - 02-25-2013

All you need to do is just record the swf objects and from then on it will start working