Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-Micro-Focus-UFT-earlier-known-as-QTP)
+--- Forum: VB Scripting/Descriptive Programming (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-VB-Scripting-Descriptive-Programming)
+--- Thread: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list (/Thread-How-To-Find-Dropdown-Object-based-on-Values-from-the-dropdown-list)

Pages: 1 2

How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - mesg2anil - 05-18-2012

Hi,

I'm having difficulty scripting for below situation...

I have a dropdown list, in the dropdown list I've values as below...
one
two
three
four
five

I want to find the dropdown object exists or not based on the dropdown list values as shown above. How to find the object? Please help!!

Regards,
Anil

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - ravi.gajul - 05-21-2012

Please use getRoProperty("allitems") to achieve this. allitems is a property for a list object that holds all the drop down items seperated by a delimiter say ;

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - mesg2anil - 05-21-2012

Thanks Ravi for replying.
I tried this option getRoProperty("all items"), but my need is, not just to get all the items, I want to search one particular item from combo box, if that item exist then I want to perform an action else other action. I want to seach instead of getting items...

Please suggest

Thanks, Anil

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - ravi.gajul - 05-21-2012

Hi Anil,
Yeah for us to acheive this, we may try as shown below
Code:
allitems=browser().page().WebList().getRoProperty("allitems")
IF instr(allitems,"one")<>0 Then  'where "one" is an item you are looking for
   'perform the action you want to
End IF

Regards,
Ravi

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - mesg2anil - 05-21-2012

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for the help...
it is working... just did a small change as below
Code:
allitems = Browser("Browser").Page("Real Estate Enterprise").Frame("ContentFrame_2").WebList("cboPLC").GetROProperty("all items")

instead of page, gave the path till object as I'm looking for object property values.

Thanks once again!! Smile

Regards,
Anil

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - Neetha - 07-30-2015

Hi,

I am having a similar kind of issue as you are discussing. I want to search for an option in the drop down that has a specific string and select it.

Ex. If my drop down is having these options

100 Hyderabad
100 Secunderabad
200 Vijayawada
200 Tirupati
300 Chennai

And I want to look for the option that has this partial text "100" and select it. It can be any of the first two options. How do I achieve this using QTP? Please help.
Thanks.

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - kotaramamohana - 08-11-2015

Hi Neetha,

Here is code for your Question
Code:
allitems = split(browser().page().WebList().getRoProperty("all items"), ";")

for each x in allitems
if instr(x, "100") > 0 Then
browser().page().WebList().select x
strFound = True
Exit For
next

if strFound = True Then
msgbox "I tem is listed in the list box and selected"
Else
msgbox "Item is not listed in the list box"
end if

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - Vijay Kumar - 10-18-2016

ExpectedResult="London"
'allitems=Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly From:").GetROProperty("all items:=DenverFrankfurtLondonLosAngelesParisPortlandSan FranciscoSeattleSydneyZurich")
Itemscount=Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly From:").GetROProperty("all items")
MsgBox Itemscount
result=Split(Itemscount,";")
For i = 0 To UBound(result) 
currentitem=Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly From:").GetItem(i)
MsgBox currentitem
If currentitem=ExpectedResult Then
    MsgBox "expected item exists in WebList"
else
MsgBox "expected item Not exists in WebList"
Window("Flight Reservation").WinComboBox("Fly From:").Select ExpectedResult
Exit for
End If

Next

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - supputuri - 10-29-2016

Other simple way is to provide the xpath till the option and then click.

Code:
Browser("Browser").Page("Page1").WebElement("xpath:=//selct[@id="your list box id"]/option[contains(.,'list item')]").click
Hope this is helpful.

RE: How To Find Dropdown Object based on Values from the dropdown list - prajyot - 03-08-2017

allitems=browser().page().WebList().getRoProperty("allitems")
IF instr(allitems,"one")<>0 Then 'where "one" is an item you are looking for
'perform the action you want to
End IF