Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums
unable to get the webbuttons count(child objects) - Printable Version

+- Micro Focus QTP (UFT) Forums (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Micro Focus UFT (earlier known as QTP) (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: VB Scripting/Descriptive Programming (https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: unable to get the webbuttons count(child objects) (/thread-6562.html)



unable to get the webbuttons count(child objects) - qtpexpert - 07-04-2012

Hi guys,

In my application in side the frame few buttons are available like add, delete, filter...

I could recognize the frame by using index number. now i want to count the no.of buttons in the frame(it is grid)

Here I can able to click the single button individually with name property.
I f i follow this i have to write function for each button individually. I do not want this.

If i have buttons count based on that count i will click on particular button.

I tried with the following code but i'm getting the type mismatch error.


Code:
Set WebBrowserDesc=Description.Create WebBrowserDesc("application version").value="internet explorer 8" WebBrowserDesc("title").value="http://172.16.220.24/Proof/PageManager.aspx" Set WebPageDesc=Description.Create WebPageDesc("url").value="http://172.16.220.24/Proof/PageManager.aspx" Set WebFrameDesc=Description.Create WebFrameDesc("html tag").value="IFRAME" 'WebFrameDesc("title").value="PROOF - ISpace" WebFrameDesc("Index").value="5" Set WeButtonDesc=Description.Create WeButtonDesc("type").value="submit" WeButtonDesc("html tag").value="INPUT" 'WeButtonDesc("name").value="Add" WeButtonDesc("micclass").value="WebButton" Set objwebbutton=Browser(WebBrowserDesc).Page(WebPageDesc).Frame(WebFrameDesc).ChildObjects(WebButtonDesc) msgbox objwebbutton.Count

please find the attachement for error.

any one knows the solution.
pls providethe solution ASAP.

Thanks in Advance!


RE: unable to get the webbuttons count(child objects) - Ankesh - 07-04-2012

Try the below

Code:
Set objBrowser=Description.Create objBrowser("title").value=".*" Set objPage=Description.Create objPage("title").value=".*" Set objButton=Description.Create objButton("type").value="submit" objButton("html tag").value="INPUT" objButton("name").value="Add" Set objChildObjects=Browser(objBrowser).Page(objPage).Childobjects(objButton) msgbox objChildObjects.count 'Release the objects once operation is over Set objBrowser=Nothing Set objPage=Nothing Set objButton=Nothing Set objChildObjects=Nothing


Regards,
Ankesh




RE: unable to get the webbuttons count(child objects) - qtpexpert - 07-05-2012

It is working fine now without doing any changes.


Thanks for your solution.
without doing any changes in my script it is working fine.