Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating output values in QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Chapter 6 in the posted QTP tutorial explains how to use QTP to Create Output Values. It says to save it as “output”, as opposed to “test”. It looks like test mode takes data from the spreadsheet and places into the application, and output mode takes data from the application and writes it to a spreadsheet. But I need to do both at the same time, I want to be putting data into the application and then when a certain condition is met then write that ID to a spreadsheet. I am not sure I can do both test mode and output mode during the same run? Can some please advise if this is doeable and how? thanks...
I did not understand your question. Would you please elaborate a bit further. I am answering based on my understanding of your question.

There are two ways you can do that...
1) By using a Output value, you can store information from AUT in Datatable. By Using parameterization, you can access that value from datatable and can use it elsewhere.
2) By using GetROProperty, you can get property value of any object in AUT and can use it.
Hi
I refered to many article regarding different Output value in QTP.

for that here i post my question

1. Why, when, how, we use out put value in qty especially text output values.

pls give one step by step ex for why when how.

my email id sarulvenki@rediffmail.com

Regards,
Arun

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Output Values error Tasleem 3 3,703 10-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Tasleem786
  Way to take values from datasheet and output Fairbanks 3 2,881 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Creating Random String SomeIntern 0 4,733 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Last Post: SomeIntern
  Problem in creating excel object kriday 1 2,184 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Creating multiple lines under a header - SAP Fredodo 7 5,301 01-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Saleel Prabhu