Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Time QTP Developer
Not Solved
We are attempting to integrate QTP with our in-house test tools. We are exploring the custom test (ActiveX) framework, but at the same time are wondering if a command line interface is possible. Researching the VBScript I have found the SystemUtil.Run command, so running an external program is possible.

We'd need to run the application, wait for it to complete, interrogate the exit code (or a result.txt) for a pass/fail result and potentially integrate output files into the repository.

Running is easy, but I see nothing on exit code or waiting for an application to complete. In C++ you'd use WaitForSingleEvent. I also don't see anything on interrogating the exit code. I do see various functions for logging pass/fail type events and even importing external files.

Is there a simple way to wait and get exit code or are we forced into creating a custom test with ActiveX?

Thanks,

Greg

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP: Not able to view the modifications done on 1st page after clicking on View Butto Milindt43 1 2,042 02-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Last Post: jsknight1969
  Running the 1st Action only once noeghisaacs 1 1,978 12-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Last Post: omjsr