Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALM resource(datatable) not used when expected
Not Solved
Hi All,
this is the scenario

1) I have a test stored in ALM in Test Plan.
2) There are 2 Test Configuration "TC A" and "TC B"
3) There is a Test Set in Test Lab where the test with both scenarios is loaded.

The difference between "TC A" and "TC B" is the datatable resource stored in Test Resource.

There are two datatables uploaded in ALM in resources.
"Data A" and "Data B" and there are linked to "TC A" and "TC B".

Now when i run the test configuration TC A i can see that the datatable TC A is not used, but the datatable from the original test is used.

My expectation was that if I create test configuration in the ALM in Test Plan, that it will overwrite the test settings in the test. I cant link the resource datatable to the test in the test settings because i need to use different datatable for each configuration...

So the question will be, is there a way how to link 2 datatables to one test (2 different test configuration)?

Any advise how to approach this situation?
Is this known issue? I saw that there is another issue regarding test iteration so maybe it is connected?

Thank you
Not Solved
Hi All,
i find out that the datatable from ALM is not working for me at all.
When I setup only one configuration and link the datatable from ALM in Test Plan -> Test Configuration -> Tab: Data, datatable is not used at all.
Datatable setuped in the UFT in test settings is used instead.

Am I missing something here?
Kindly please explain me how to setup the test configuration to use the datatable provided from ALM resource. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding atachment to QC (ALM) - overwrite psova 1 4,311 02-07-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: RachapudiSaiSowmya
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,057 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  ALM execution status Update patilnagarjuna92 1 2,720 03-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Gurusamy
  VB Script access denied error when executing alm scripts in planned host Kumar Reshma 0 1,269 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Kumar Reshma
  ALM OTA Queries hrishikesh 1 1,462 05-24-2018, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Ankur