Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions recorded in IE 6 won't playback in IE 7
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I am trying to find out why Internet Explorer 7 is having problems with actions recorded in IE 6. In particular, I have a TreeView that has Images to expand or collapse the TreeView in our application. I recorded them in IE 6, and am trying to run them in IE 7. I get a message that the Image object can't be found. The same settings are used for QTP 9.5 regardless of which IE version I am using; however, only IE 6 can click the images to expand/collapse the TreeView folders.

I've checked as much as I know about the Internet Options for both versions, and can't come up with why IE 7 can't find the Image object.

Any ideas or assistance is greatly appreciated. I have to be able to support both versions of IE, so the actions need to be able to Run under both.
Have you disabled the tabbed browsing feature of IE7? Secondly can you let us know the object properties that are recorded in IE6 as well as in IE7 for the conflict image object?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Ankur,

I checked the Object Identifications and the Object Repository, and here is what I have for each:

1. Object Idenficiations - Currently for the Web environment, I have the Image type setup with these properties: enabled, file name, image type. Smart Identification is enabled for this Object type, and it has Mandatory: html tag. The Optional properties are default values.

2. Object Repository - This action was recorded some time ago, but the Object Repository for the object in question currently has: "image type: Image Link", "html tag: img", "html id: blank", "class: icon", "alt: blank"

I have not disabled the tabbed browsing of IE 7, but will attempt to do so within the next few days. QTP is on my back burner, so I don't have the luxury of spending much time to devote to analysis.

Thanks for your interest in my problem.

Steve Groves
Ankur,

I took your advice and I turned off the tabbed browsing for IE 7 and surprisingly enough to me, that seemed to solve my problem. I don't have time to figure out why, but if you could shed some light as to why you asked me to do this, I would appreciate that. Any extra knowledge I get will only be beneficial to me down the road.

I have a more serious problem with our application and QTP, but I will open a new thread for that.

Thanks for your assistance.

Steve Groves
Good to hear that... The reason is simple, QTP doesn't support tabbed browsing feature yet and this was a known issue.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SystemUtil.Run is not getting recorded divyan 1 1,656 08-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  SystemUtil.Run method is not getting recorded pupuns2 5 7,760 05-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Angeliks
  Execute button of putton won't be clicke automaticly in UFT (VB) MarUFT 3 2,442 11-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Path of Flight reservation Window is not recorded in HP UFT 12.52 version mailtokopalverma@gmail.com 1 2,387 04-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Inserted WebEdit value is not sticking in UFT during playback priyaUFTlearner 3 2,934 04-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Last Post: priyaUFTlearner