Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ActiveX Controls not being recognized in QTP.
Not Solved
HI;

I am working on a Desktop application that uses Java. There are some Java Tables and Java Trees in Java Applets that use ActiveX Controls. I am trying to do a DP and QTP does not recognize the ActiveX plugins. There are several properties this ActiveX like - Prog ID,Visible, Focussed and acx_name etc. but the only property that is being Recognized is the Window ID. However this is a Dynamic property and does not work always with QTP since it keeps varying (As i refresh the page). Even When I use Record and Playback option of QTP, it still does not recognize the ActiveX plugins all times since they keep differing each time. I tried using Regular Expressions and this did not work either. Can anyone please suggest a workaroud for this. Most of the Objects in My application are based on ActiveX.

Thanks
Suman
Not Solved
Pleas let us know the QTP add-is that you are using.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ActiveX component can't create object: 'JavaWindow' JayeshK 0 1,475 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JayeshK
  Telnet command not recognized Sanjana1987 1 1,855 09-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  When trying to recognize the object in QTP, each object is recognized as “WinObject:S geetasarvadnya 2 3,474 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Objects are being recognized as "Windows for Menu item list (Browser-firefox, UFT 12) akhandesh 0 2,373 05-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: akhandesh
Smile Importing Excel sheet - Reference Values are not recognized michiusa69 3 7,582 01-23-2015, 02:36 AM
Last Post: lkng2001