Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ActiveX add-in interfering with IE7
Not Solved
Hi folks,

I'm trying to help a user out with his QTP issue, so hopefully I have all the information needed. He has QTP 9.2 and is using IE7 with Windows XP Pro SP2. Whenever he starts the program, it prompts him with a window to choose which add-ins to load (ActiveX, Web and Visual Basic). Basically, whenever he has all 3 checked, he opens a blank test (or anything else really), and then tries to open IE... at that point, IE just hangs and doesn't load a webpage. You can't get into the options etc. either, and have to close out of it via the Task Manager. At first we thought it was IE6 causing the issue, so I upgraded to IE7. The issue went from IE6 crashing to IE7 just hanging which is our current problem. Sad

Anyways, after fussing around with IE settings, disabling all addons (I went back and put BHO Extensions back on after testing) I ended up trying to open QTP without any of it's add-ins, and sure enough IE worked. I then narrowed it down to the ActiveX Add-In.

So, any ideas as to what may be causing this issue exactly?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: To add more details in hopes of narrowing down the problem... when starting to record a new test, IE7 takes quite a long time to open (around 30s to 1 minute), and still won't load a webpage.

Edit 2: Reinstalling QTP does not resolve the issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ActiveX component can't create object: 'JavaWindow' JayeshK 0 1,470 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JayeshK
Exclamation URGENT: ActiveX component can't create object citibank_ani 3 15,275 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: VarunKaushik
  QTP 11 - GetVisibleText not getting text correctly in windows7 from Activex Pallavi 1 5,571 03-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  qtp 11 not supporting activex addin excellentpawan 0 1,756 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan
  Dialog box differs on different browsers version (IE7 and IE9) for same application visitjaga 1 2,602 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Ankesh