Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anchor tag (WebLink) always takes smart identification path!!!
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Settings and Result Details:
In the TestResults info,
Under SearchResultLink - Description mismatch
The object was not found using the test object description. Check the objec's properties.

Under SearchResultLink - Smart identification
The Smart identification mechanism was invoked.
Reason: object not found
Original description:
title=96624
text=96624
micclass=Link
html tag=A

In my Object Repository (SearchResultLink object):
Description properties:
title: <ApplicantId> -data from Global datatable
text: <ApplicantId> -data from Global datatable
html tag: A

Tools->Object Indetification tab: Under Web->Link:
Mandatory Properties (html tag, text)
Assistive Properties (title, name)
Enable Smart Identification: Checked
Base filter properties: (tag, title)
---------
When I Object Spy at run time this SearchResultLink, I do not see any value for title attribute set under Test Object Properties. However I do see the title set to proper value under Runtime Object properties. Run time object properties makes sense.

What is this Test Object properties? What determines what attributes go in there and how they get set? How do these get set?

I thought, Whatever Object Description properties we find/have for this Object in the Object Repository is the Test Object properties.
Since I kept changing this Description properties... I deleted my test steps that correspond to this object and recreated them thinking they may hold the old setup. Still did not help.

I am new to Testing. I am missing some info here.

Can anyone help me at this issue? Thanks Guys
I am setting the value for <applicantId> parameter in the Global Datatable just one action before the current action that has an Object refering it. I see the applicantId values set at the Run-Time Data Table at the end of the test session.
Since the value of this global datatable parameter is set in an action before this action, Do we have to refresh this SearchLink TestObject at some point after the value is set? It looks like the test does not grab the value of this datatable parameter into this TestObject at runtime.
Atlast, it works.
As I mentioned earlier, I changed the Test Object Properties to point to Global data table parameter. I think, after doing this, because the test was already there, I needed to do 'Update Run Mode'. In UpdateRunMode, I had to check/select [Update test object descriptions], and then run once. This smart identification went away. Test is able to find the exact matches as per object description.

---------------------------------------
<b>This was a Tip (I was lucky to find) in Users manual:</b>
If you have a test that runs successfully, but in which certain objects are
identified using Smart Identification, you can change the set of properties
used for object identification and then use the Update test object
descriptions option to update the test object description...
When you run the test with Update test object descriptions selected,
QuickTest finds the test object specified in each step based on its current test object description. If QuickTest cannot find the test object based on its description, it uses the Smart Identification properties to identify the test object (if Smart Identification is enabled). After QuickTest finds the test object, it then updates its description based on the mandatory and assistive properties that you define in the Object Identification dialog box....
-------------------------------

Thanks guys for your support.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 847 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  how to get relative path by using testdir environment variable Sathyaprasad 1 1,779 11-30-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Path of Flight reservation Window is not recorded in HP UFT 12.52 version mailtokopalverma@gmail.com 1 2,398 04-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  [UFT] Get text into DIV through HTML tag robertosalemi 2 5,273 03-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  X path Identification vasavi.vasavi 1 2,697 07-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Last Post: kbhargava505