Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another checkpoint question
Not Solved
I am using QTP 11.00 in Windows XP.

I am testing a function to edit a customer. Before I can edit the customer, I add the customer. If the customer's telephone num already exists I will get a message like

Proposed telephone number (8005882300) already exists.

otherwise I should get something like

Customer successfully added

I can make checkpoint for the Customer successfully added case. But
if the telephone number exists, this checkpoint will fail although I can still do the test. Call checkpoint A a test to see if the text about the telephone number existing and checkpoint B the customer successfully added.

What I want to do is something like

if checkpoint(A) then
wait 0,0
else
check checkpoint(B)
end if

The wait is just a dummy statement because my actual code goes in the else block.

So the above fill work but if checkpoint A fails, the failure is still being reported and my test is failing. How can I suppress the reporting of checkpoint A failing, but still get the result to use in my if statement?
Hope this makes sense

Google did not help

p.s. for the checkpoint I use a regular expression, no text before and no text after. The regular expression works fine.
Not Solved
bistritapcv,
To supress the reporting, u can use the filter option of reporter event.
You must enable the reporter once ur task is done.

Code:
Reporter.Filter=rfDisableAll
<Your code goes here>
Reporter.Filter=rfEnableAll

Regards,
Ankesh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about a specific checkpoint I'm trying to create DanielElsner 2 2,298 06-07-2011, 03:42 AM
Last Post: tdevick
Wink standard checkpoint and text checkpoint kiran10_rm 1 5,150 11-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Last Post: nandu
  fullscreen and bitmap checkpoint error "Cannot create bitmap checkpoint" meuline 2 4,598 12-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Last Post: meuline
  Checkpoint problems: Checkpoint starts before web page is loaded & therefore fails! IdontGetIt 1 3,781 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Not able to add any other Checkpoint apart from Standard Checkpoint Rachna 7 8,306 04-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Last Post: nandu