Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application and QTP freezes when recognizing/selecting Java Tab
Not Solved
I am facing strange problem.
Java application under test freezes as well as QTP 9.2 when QTP tries to select java tab.
JavaWindow("title:="&Window).JavaTab(arrDP(0)).Select Data
where arrDP(0) = "toolkit class:=javax.swing.JTabbedPane"
Data is tab name as displayed.
Window is the java application name

1. This is a new issue and earlier it was working all fine.
2. This issue occurs randomly not always.
3. While debugging , cannot reproduce.
4. Issue occur with 2-3 specific tabs in the application.
5. Add in that I am using are Java & Web.

Any suggestions ?
Biggest problem is both application as well QTP freezes and I am not sure whats causing it .
Not Solved
No reply yet...Seems like I am the only one who faced this issue.
But still Senior members please share some knowledge on what might have gone wrong,according to you Smile
AUT is windows based java application.Selecting web add-in, can that cause issue??
Not Solved
You aren't the only one with this issue. I have the code
JavaWindow("title:=" & strWindowName).JavaTab("attached text:=" & strTabName).Select 4
and when QTP reaches this line, the tab is selected in the application, but QTP freezes for two minutes, to the second each time. This occurs each time I want QTP to navigate to this tab. I have to wait each time for QTP to unfreeze.

The only differences between my situation and the above poster is that the application doesn't freeze, I am using QTP 10.0, and I am able to recreate this issue; it always happens when I try interacting with this tab.
Not Solved
Check the Java Version used by your application and the one that is configured in your system? Hopefully the issue is caused due to the version mismatch.
The application & QTP must be running on different versions of JVM or java which is installed on your machine. By Default QTP also installs a JVM & configure the Environment variable accordingly.

QTP hangs the application in scenarios like this otherwise AUT should be doing good.
Not Solved
Hi,

If you know the Java application running back end in the process then take the name of exe of java app and copy (application.exe = yes) into mic.ini file

In mic.ini file you will see ie_hook section, type application.exe = yes in this section

Path of mic.ini (C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\mic.ini)

Sunny

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searching for and selecting row in Datawindow zsl0009 0 2,673 08-04-2015, 01:02 AM
Last Post: zsl0009
  Problem selecting in a dropdown menu during playback. qemls29 9 12,456 07-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Sharan
  QTP not recognizing the webelement vidya2k2 3 3,192 04-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Last Post: babu123
  webfile web object not identified at runtime in a java application saila123 1 2,655 02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Kirill
  Selecting Link Magad 1 2,666 11-07-2014, 03:56 AM
Last Post: PrateepKaraval