Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automating OracleForms Based Application - QTP
Not Solved
I'm automating an OracleForms based application which is a desktop based application (even though internet explorer is used for launching it). And I selected Web and Oracle Add-in in QTP

The application has a set of fields and user can navigate by pressing Tab button. Two things I can't understand while using QTP.

First one is: when I record an action on a field i.e, if I enter some value in text field, no scripts are generated until I press the Tab Key(during record). Only when I press the tab key the script is generated and the focus moved to either next screen or next field. Need to understand why this happens?

Secondly there is additional script that is generated when I enter some value and press the Tab Key (given below):

OracleTextField().InvokeSofkey("Return")
Couldn't understand the reason why this script is generated. And even if this script is removed and run operation is performed then navigation happens to next field.

To summarize my question with the below code the Tab keys are internally pressed(during run mode) so why this happens in OracleForms based application. What Exactly does the 'Enter' function given below does?

OracleTextField().Enter "088989"
Thanks in advance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automating Delphi application version XE8 using the UFT 14.03 maheshmaka 1 1,398 07-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to avoid system lock while running Windows Based Application SaranKumarV 6 21,019 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blr.moin@gmail.com
  UFT 12 unable to recognize the objects of a java based application (jre - 1.7.0_65) Sushant Dasgupta 2 8,944 09-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sushant Dasgupta
  allow HP products check box option automating vinni 0 1,996 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Last Post: vinni
  Unable to identify objects for Python based application manu.sharma7 0 2,420 05-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: manu.sharma7