Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automating Outlook
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I searched in registry and found the following things (Please refer to attached screen shot, Could not see Outlook.Application)

I consulted with my system admin and he asked me to try it in another machine. I tried there and got the same error. So he has to say Outlook may get corrupted in one machine, not all.

Do we need to change some setting options in QTP so as to work with outlook?

On another front, does QTP support any other mail client so as to by pass using outlook (Resolving outlook issue would be great but just in case we can not)

Attached Files Image(s)

Screenshot explains. You have outlook express and not outlook on your machine. Install MS OUTLOOK on your machine and your code should work.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks Vasant. And i am sorry to all for i should have mentioned earlier that i have Outlook Express and not MS OUTLOOK. Bad tester i am.
The name is Basanth Smile .You dont have to be sorry as you have actually discovered something new for yourself. Aah BTW, have you ever considered sending email through outlook express? If so, you must learn about CDO and MAPI.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
In that case, Why dont you try opening the Outlook in Safe mode,
Run-->(outlook /safe) copy this command directly and enter it on your machine it should work
or try
Run--> (outlook /resetfolders)
And try automating the Outlook ie send test email

If these doesn't work , there is Hot fix to this from Microsoft which i can provide you
Im probably answering to the question which is too old.. But if it is helpful to you ... do let me know

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automating SAP Sales Order Dwarak Calayampundi 0 1,615 06-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Dwarak Calayampundi
  Automating shorcuts in Windows all programs surestud 0 1,577 04-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Last Post: surestud
  Clicking a link in an outlook email using QTP kirti 0 5,370 06-15-2014, 01:25 AM
Last Post: kirti
  help automating carousel ACCBAJPA 1 2,501 09-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jacosta
  Help needed in automating a Java window adityasrinivasb 2 3,276 07-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Staff