Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automating SAP portal using QTP/BPT
Not Solved
I am facing lot of challenges in automating SAP portal using QTP -BPT

1. QTP is acting very weird

In my overall 9 years experience I have never faced such challenges.

Though it shows as one child object say of SAPEdit when use descriptive programming,

but when I target that object to set some text, it throws General error. Also not able to understand what thet err.number is.

2. QTP crashes when I record few SAP portal screens
3. QTP does not capture the objects as per the SAP coding. In SAP they have used name as a_input for SAPEdit, b_input for one more. QTP is capturing only input as common for all SAPEdits. It is also not working using index property.

4. Someone please help me in output parameter usage BPT of QTP.

Please let me know if you have any solution to these above problems.
Not Solved
can you please post the application and object spy screenshot?

Outputp parameters of one BPT componenets are used as an input to other components. Say you have a component "Va01_Create_Sales_Order" which has output parameter "SalesOrder". As we know this sales order can be used in many places, output parameters help in doing that. Consider the other component as VA02_Change_Sales_Order". For this you need sales order which is available as outputparameter of VA01_Create_Sales_Order. You can directly use it.

Regards,
Ankesh
Not Solved
Hi Ankesh,

1. Have added the screenshots of the application and the object spy.

2. I have used the output parameter in actions, so I know how it works.

Say "XYZ" is the output parameter of comp 1

So in the code to assign the val to this parameter I say

Parameter("XYZ") = "Hello"

then when we execute this line, the value is assigned and when you input this parameter to the next component it should take the value "Hello" as input in the next comp.

Am I correct?

But when I execute this line Parameter("XYZ") = "Hello"
in the first component it is throwing error as paremeter XYZ not found even though I have declared in output parameters.

3. As soon as I click on record button, IE crash window appears and have attached the screen shot. Once in a while it works properly.

Is this problem due to QTP 11 and SAP portal. Should I try downgrading it to QTP 10, as my friends say they had worked in QTP 10 and SAP, had no major issues.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT doesn't recognize SAP objects when it's openned by portal DevRenanGaspar 0 2,338 09-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Last Post: DevRenanGaspar
  allow HP products check box option automating vinni 0 2,003 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Last Post: vinni
  Automating Objective c++ Application QtpDoubts 2 4,437 05-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123
  Automating Mozilla FireFox Browser Achuth 0 1,930 04-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Achuth
  Automating JavaCanvas Object priyan 0 1,956 03-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Last Post: priyan