Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automating Virtual Desktop using QTP.
Not Solved
We have an application, in that there is one functionality which makes the real desktop into a virtual desktop(in virtual desktop, the computer name and IP are all same as that of real desktop)

Once the focus is on virtual desktop, QTP is not recognising any objects. The remaining scripts will be running in real desktop, but not in virtual desktop.

I tried with some Win32 API's, using GetActiveWindow and SetActiveWindow. But it doesn't work either.

Please let me know if there are any other way to automate this.

I also searched this forum, but didn't find any posting related to this.

Thanks in advance.
Not Solved
Did Virtual Object Wizard help?
Not Solved
I also tried using Virtual Objects, but not possible either.

Actually, the scenarios is, when I click on the icon (from systray) of real desktop, then it becomes Virtual desktop. Clicking on the icon in virtual desktop switches back to real desktop.

And my requirement is, i have to switch to Virtual desktop and create some text file. The problem is after switching to virtual desktop, whatever operation done through QTP are happenning in real desktop.

Also I cannot open a new instance of QTP in virtual desktop.

Wondering is it possible to automate this steps or not ? Please suggest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to deploy a desktop application to a physical server using Azure Pipelines? raivivan 0 931 04-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: raivivan
  virtual objects do not work kawagnes 0 949 08-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: kawagnes
  Could not create Java virtual machine TangShake 2 8,414 10-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Last Post: walshmagger
  Automating SAP Sales Order Dwarak Calayampundi 0 1,618 06-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Dwarak Calayampundi
  cannot create java virtual machine on QTP 12.02 version richa5685 0 1,855 02-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: richa5685