Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automation error - VB6 application
Not Solved
Hi all

I am testing a VB6 app using QTP 9.5. I often get this error "Automation error - The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. The error appears randomly and not on the same place ever time.

The error does not occur when testing the app manually.

Any suggestions ?
Not Solved
Without looking at the app it's hard to know what going wrong but I have had similar issues and it is sometimes down to timing issues, that QTP is too fast for the App. A good thing to try would be put some wait statements in the code... i've had a lot of issues with reading and writing to DBs and add a wait after you do that sort of thing may help.
Not Solved
what is the syntax for those wait statements ?, google was not much help here
Not Solved
wait then the number of seconds to wait:
wait 1 or even wait(1)
Not Solved
This is not due to QTP. Login as Administrator and then try to test it.
Not Solved
Even i too faced this problem while executing the tests.I think you can solve this problem by disabling pictures in Internet Options to save time for loading of the page.If this doesn't work then use
Services.ThinkTime(2) for wait.
Not Solved
Hi Ganta. My app is a "Thick client" and not a thin web client. I am not testing on explorer or any other browser. I will try Services.thinkTime(2) to see if that works

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  error when executing an UFT automation script alexalloza 0 1,394 10-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: alexalloza
  Web service automation:Error "could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" pranjalipalkar 0 2,538 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: pranjalipalkar
  Automation of Mobile Application testing using QTP sreddy 3 6,223 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Getting Application Error while launching Outlook yogesh kancherla 3 3,069 10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Last Post: krr
  "How to perform automation on Windows application" suresz449 1 3,228 10-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag