Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Process Testing
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi, Can body tell me does QTP support Batch Process testing.

Some Process developed in Oracle and on unix platform are running. Does QTP support thoose batch process testing.
Three parts,

1.Oracle-DB
2. Unix - OS
3. Batch Processing - Presumably Shell Scripts or perl scripts ?? [ not sure though ].

What exactly is your Batch Processing? What does it do? What is the integration between the above three parts? Please explain with more details which would be really helpful.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basanth
Batch files are .txt (flat files) written in Oracle, used for data transformation. These files run on specified time and transform the data. We want to check the data in the files which is transformed using QTP. Is it possible by QTP to match the data.
If i have understood you correctly, you would want to check if the data is loaded on the database?
If so, then you can do it by learning about ADODB.Connection.

Are you also looking at kicking of the batch files at the specified time through QTP?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basanth,
Thank you for your response.

If I want to kick of the batch file at the specified time through QTP. Then is it possible to do it.

As per you, we can check the data loaded on the database through ADODB Connection.
Basically i look at it as scheduling. If you have set of scripts (Batch) to be kicked off at a particular time by QTP then yes, you can start QTP at a specified time using the Windows Scheduler or Quality center and then have QTP execute the batch. But if your requirement is for the batch which contains multiple scripts and they have to be executed at different time frame then QTP is a challenge. Not that it is not doable but just that it would be equivalent to stand upside down and have your food.

Where are your batch scripts being executed? On Windows or Unix ? If unix, then you can look for Crontab option. There are different schedulers which start the job at the specified time. Control-M is one of them. It works on windows as well as unix.

Yes, DB validation is a cakewalk via vbscript on QTP using the ADODB.Connection.
Basanth
I am new to this group. Can anyone explain me how can I start a new discussion or ask a new doubt? Plzzzzzzzzzz.
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Wink 
Hi Arika,

Goto the following link :
https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Forum-QTP-Beginners

See attached screenshot. You need to click on the NewThread button highlighted in the screenshot.

Smile

Regards,
Prasad

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Control to spawned process DomG 1 1,018 07-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Killing the windows process using QTP Script. nagaraj_kv 4 18,876 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  QTP Business Process Testing vijaya2009 1 4,752 01-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Last Post: nileshpatil70
Smile Need Some Info - on Automation process Nageshearaiah 0 2,179 06-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Nageshearaiah
  Killing the windows process using QTP Script. nagaraj_kv 0 2,435 06-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Last Post: nagaraj_kv