Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser(...).Navigate(<url>) stopped working in 9.5 (please help me!)
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Sad 
Hi everybody!

I recently upgraded to QTP 9.5 and and important regression script (apart from other stuff) stopped working because it used the

Browser(<name>).Navigate(<url>)

function.
The call of this function NOW HAS NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER! I did not find any help in the net or in the application, I dont even know if Mercury give out release notes.

So - if there is any way of archiving this functionality or fixing the QTP bug - pleease let me know!

Thanks very very much!
CC
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Try using a exist function that QTP recognises the browser first and then do a object spy on the browser to check for the navigate method.
Hi Nageshpv!

Thanks - but of course the Browser exists (exist(n) returns true), and so does the Navigate method. It still takes one mandatory parameter (the url), so actually nothing has changed since the last version of QTP, but still it does not work in the new version.

Anyone here who uses 9.5 and "Browser(..).navigate(..)" and where it actually works? Then at least I would know that there must be a way to get it done, as opposed to assuming that the HP guys just didnt get it right here...(as seen in other places of QTP)..

THANKS!!!!
CC
Hi,

I had the same problem when I upgraded a script to 9.5...what I had to do to tackle that problem as time was short, was make 9.5 learn the web page again and if that doesnt work, you might need to manually add the objects from the repository in your action...among other things a lot of other code e.g. reading an excel datasheet was not working...i just commented out that code and re-wrote the code or more specifically the line which read from an external sheet and voila, it started working!

hope this helps and if anyone else has a better solution for such issues, do let me know coz i really dont wanna go thru a load of scripts and do manual updates!!!!!!! Sad
Hi again!

(yes, sorry, this is a bump)

Thanks all!

But I am still looking for answers on this one, as my workaround ("manually" enter the url into the browser-url-text-box and then click the "go" button) is not very cool.

I was hoping that after some updates of QTP this will be fixed. But it is not. Not with my settings at least.

Anyone any answers, or a Mercury contact for complaints? (We signed up for support here ages ago, and just did not get an answer).

Thanks!
CC
Ok, we have two options here,

Code:
Launch_App("http://www.google.com")

Public Sub Launch_App(URL)
Set objBrowser = Createobject("InternetExplorer.Application")
ObjBrowser.Visible = True
objBrowser.Navigate URL
Set objBrowser = Nothing
End Sub

OR

Code:
systemutil.run "iexplore","http://www.google.com"

the very same code works for me in 9.5. Hope this helps.
ok i have 9.5 and tried the following

Code:
Browser("Browser(...).Navigate(<url>)").Navigate("www.google.com")

it went fine

Regards
Kishore

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "UFT has stopped working" is displayed during running the script kotaramamohana 0 1,205 08-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: kotaramamohana
  UFT descriptive programming Browser("creationtime:=-1") not always working SOUMYADEEP 0 2,894 01-20-2017, 01:53 AM
Last Post: SOUMYADEEP
  Not able to do 'Navigate' and 'Refresh' kotaramamohana 21 22,721 11-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Cannot find the "[ WebEdit ]" object's parent "[ Browser ]" (class Browser). Verify t Divya Roopa 1 8,285 03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: devarapallliramana
  ‘General Run Error’ when trying to fetch URL in Browser Address Bar with DP sukhvinderh 5 5,471 10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Last Post: v.swaminathan