Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser Ordinal Identifier
Not Solved
If QTP failed to identify object on a Browser by using Mandatory and Assistive properties, (Smart Identification is disabled).
Only on One Browser(e.g. systemutil.run "www.gmail.com")

It use ordinal Identifier only creation time to identify object or it use some thing else in ordinal Identifier (Index or Location) to identify object.
Not Solved
I am sorry, i dint get it. Can you please explain it?
Not Solved
Code:
systemutil.run "www.gmail.com"

browser("gmail").page("loginpage").webedit("userid").set "rajbihari"
pwd=crypt.encrypt("mypassword")
browser("gmail").page("loginpage").webedit("password").setsecure pwd
browser("gmail").page("loginpage").webbutton("Login").click

' let us assume that, QTP failed to identify the object on webapplication by using mandatory and assistive properties and also I disabled the smart identification,
now QTP should go to ordinal identifier, which type of ordinal identifier is useful to qtp to identify object here on application?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Description about Types of Ordinal Identifier abhijit.airforce 1 2,367 12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
Wink How to use ordinal identifiers in VB script qtplearner88 6 10,863 07-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Last Post: qtplearner88
  Problems with URL as Object identifier??? jcraig26 1 3,172 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  error object disabled on line 9 where it says " Browser("Browser").CloseAllTabs" kp_usa 1 3,088 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Last Post: adityapant27
  How to Set Ordinal Identifier at run time Amit Singh Chauhan 3 7,977 03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Last Post: qtplearner88