Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser.Sync vs Page.Sync
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,
can someone explain me the difference between Sync of Browser and Sync of Page? Do both of them allow to wait for the complete loading of the website?
[I have some problem with Page.Sync if QTP is opened by Quality Center, so I'd like to substitute page.sync with browser.sync to bypass the problem].

Thanks in advance
Hi,

This seems an Intresting Issue. As per my perception Browser.Sync and Page.Sync both will do same most of the times.

Browser.Sync waits till Progress in your browser status bar comples and displays "Done".

Page.Sync will wait till the page loading completes irrespective to progress in browser status bar.

Most of the cases, as soon as the Progress is completed in status bar the page will be loaded. Few cases, browser displays "Done" but still page won't be loaded. In those cases Browser.Sync and Page.Sync will differ. Other cases both will be same.

Hope this Info will help you

Thanks

VENKATA
thanks a lot
maybe i can bypass my strange error with browser.sync + wait(xx)
bye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Cross Browser Sync Not Working geodude 0 1,852 04-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Last Post: geodude
  How to use sync function 22sumit 2 3,207 06-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Last Post: 22sumit
  Cannot find the "[ WebButton ]" object's parent "[ Page ]" (class Page) sumitparolkar@gmail.com 4 4,770 05-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Last Post: agarwl.anurag
  error object disabled on line 9 where it says " Browser("Browser").CloseAllTabs" kp_usa 1 3,087 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Last Post: adityapant27
Wink Webedit Javascript sync issue praveenzack 3 3,077 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Post: praveenzack