Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++/Oracle data grid problem?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi

I am working on a client server based windows application. Developers say that technology used is C++ with Oracle database but when I record, it records all objects as windows, winobjects even I use .net add-in and/or Oracle add-in.

1. Is there any way to make qtp to recognize objects as swf objects or oracle objects?
2. There is one grid in the application, when I record on it, its recored as WinObject and I can't access individual rows or columns of that grid. Is there any workaround for it?

Hope someone has solution for these issues.

Thanks
hi,
By using the GetRoProperty and itemscount you can loop it.

REgards
Sridhar
How is it going to be possible when the object is seen as a WinObject type?

Its not possible. Its not a .Net app.

Paul - I would recommend you look into Virtual Objects. Even though it may behave like a standard object, QTP is not going to identify it. You will need to add this particular object in your Virtual Object Collection (Vo Collection) and map it to a standard Windows class. Once you add the object to your Vo Collection, using the Virtual Object Wizard, make sure you record on it once. This will reference the Virtual Object (VirtualTable) in your Object Repository.

When you are done, please look into the 'VirtualTable Object' under QTP help. You might need to also take a read on ActivateCell and SelectCell methods.
Thanks Anshoo..I will try it and keep you updated.
Hi Anshoo

Your method of virtual objects worked upto some extent. I am stuck at the point as how to extract values from the any specific rows,columns of Virtual Table. I tried with GetTOProperty but it gives blank in the msgbox.

Thanks for your help

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to click text inside the grid dropdown szkapoo 6 4,289 12-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  SAPGUI Grid Ansh123 1 5,517 11-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  UFT with Windows grid user1 0 2,853 10-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Last Post: user1
  mfc grid object is not identified excellentpawan123 3 3,532 05-31-2014, 11:47 AM
Last Post: excellentpawan123
  Problem with Data Table Rakesh Sahukari 2 2,819 10-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Rakesh Sahukari