Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't insert a Text Checkpoint can you help??
Not Solved
I need Help!

I am working through the QTP manual 9.2 and i've come to a part where i am understanding check point types. I am on page 48 if you have the manual. I am trying to insert a Text Checkpoint but it won't work. It says to highlight the text New York in the active window but it wont let me.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks

Andy
Not Solved
Hi,
Here highlight means,
1. Go to recording mode.
2. insert text check point where you need.
3. In the object text highlight the text and then click ok.
Not Solved
Can you explain further please because just tried that and it just added more steps to the recording i have already done. The active window will not let me do anything with it do you know why??
Not Solved
Hi,

Follow the steps below

1. Go to recording mode.
2. Insert-> Check points->Text Checkpoint
3. Select the text for the check.
4. There will be a pop up for the object, click 'ok'

This should help you.
Not Solved
Hi Again

I have tried these steps again and still no joy. I am using a trial version of QTP but my colleague is using a licensed copy. He can do the steps as you said but i can't. Do you think there is an issue with the licence permission or possibly an add on issue....

I need to try and work this out
Not Solved
I guess this feature is available on trial versions too so that could not be the issue.
check your browsers type and version and other settings.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  text checkpoint properties error alp 0 1,051 11-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: alp
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,539 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Capture Value through Text Checkpoint and compare with datatable value hamzaz 2 4,441 03-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Last Post: mallika.g
  I am trying to extract text from a webelement but it is generating blank text scenari excellentpawan 2 4,285 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan
  Unable to insert data into datatable Prashanth 1 3,461 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Saket