Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we install QTP on remote server & access as a web application on other system
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi Friends,

I would like to know that, whether we can install QTP on remote server and access it as a web application on other system.

The reason behind this question is, we are working on Mainframe Applications at client place and we don't have access to their application outside their enclosure and it is not allowed to install QTP on their machines. So we want to install in our company server and access it at client place. If you have any other solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Ravindra
No this wont be possible.

Thank you Saket
We put workstations with QTP installed in the environment then connect via VPN and RDP into the workstations. This gives us remote access and a controlled workstation. Provided the client will let you have workstations and remote access to their network.
Thank you Jsknight,
The problem is we don't have remote access to the client network. We are working at client place. So we are thinking to install QTP in CITRIX server & access thru CITRIX to automate the AS400 application testing. Now my one more question is, can we automate the application, which is outside the CITRIX environment? if so how effective it is and what is the procedure.

Thank you in advance,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,057 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  Web page not loading for EBS application when open UFT satyagadam 1 1,619 09-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Last Post: satyagadam
  QTP License Server Upgrade connect_harish 0 738 04-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Last Post: connect_harish
  How to avoid system lock while running Windows Based Application SaranKumarV 6 21,050 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blr.moin@gmail.com
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,796 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j